[Coordination] Ubuntu freecad-stable PPA update to 0.18

Having trouble installing or compiling FreeCAD? Get help here.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
kkremitzki
Veteran

Re: [Coordination] Ubuntu freecad-stable PPA update to 0.18

Post by kkremitzki »

OK, well I needed to do a new upload of OpenCASCADE anyway so I'll include that.
Like my FreeCAD work? I'd appreciate any level of support via Patreon, Liberapay, or PayPal! Read more about what I do at my blog.
kkremitzki
Veteran

Post by kkremitzki »

Bah, uploaded a new version and I forgot to re-add the Conflicts:.
Like my FreeCAD work? I'd appreciate any level of support via Patreon, Liberapay, or PayPal! Read more about what I do at my blog.
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

It's not too late to cancel the builds.

Nevermind, it is too late...
kkremitzki
Veteran

Post by kkremitzki »

Should be fixed now...
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

Thanks Kurt, got both updates (FC & OCCT) tonight.
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

Kurt, it seems you didn't include the fix for the document icon? Or this build was only because of the new occt packages?

https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 05#p304382
kkremitzki
Veteran

Post by kkremitzki »

NormandC wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 4:06 am Kurt, it seems you didn't include the fix for the document icon? Or this build was only because of the new occt packages?
That's right, for both questions.
PaulG

Post by PaulG »

Would someone please post here when things are thought to be stable on ppa:freecad-maintainers/freecad-stable. I'm holding back on reporting trouble because there seems to be work in progress, but if it is thought to be working then I need to report more details. (Using Trusty on Ubunto 14.0 on Travis and serena/xenial on Mint 18.1 at home.)
PaulG

Post by PaulG »

FWIW regarding ppa:freecad-maintainers/freecad-stable and ppa:freecad-maintainers/freecad-daily

My assessment of the status (at 16:30 EDT May 2, 2019) is that freecad ( 0.18.1+dfsg1~201904300243~ubuntu16.04.1 ) and freecad-daily ( 0.18~rc+git201903142046~ubuntu16.04.1 ) are working with python 2 on xenial.

Neither freecad-python3 nor libfreecad-python3-0.18 are available for xenial on either ppa, so freecad and freecad-daily with python 3 are not working.

The details are in the builds at https://travis-ci.org/pdgilbert/EgFreeCAD, especial unfold the before_install sections. (If they don't unfold the result was empty.) Beware that the build site is a moving target, I am working on things.

As of a few hours ago, nothing was working on trusty. (There may be problems related to Travis' move 2 days ago to default xenial, see https://changelog.travis-ci.com/)
kkremitzki
Veteran

Post by kkremitzki »

Trusty is EOL and Xenial's version of Qt is too old to support Python 3 builds for us.