-FIXED- 0.18 error at startup on Arch Linux

Having trouble installing or compiling FreeCAD? Get help here.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
3Beer

-FIXED- 0.18 error at startup on Arch Linux

Post by 3Beer »

Hi,

I upgraded my 0.17 version to version 0.18 and the compilation and installation was successful. However, when I start FreeCad I get the following errors.

Code: Select all

Msg: cannot import name 'namespace' from 'PySide2.support.signature.mapping' (/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/PySide2/support/signature/mapping.py)Msg: 
Err: Traceback (most recent call last):
Err: Err:   File "/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/shiboken2/support/signature/loader.py", line 101, in ensure_import_support
    yield
Err: Err:   File "/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/shiboken2/support/signature/loader.py", line 184, in <module>
    from support.signature import errorhandler
Err: Err:   File "/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/shiboken2/support/signature/errorhandler.py", line 60, in <module>
    from signature_loader.mapping import update_mapping, namespace
Err: Err: ImportError: cannot import name 'namespace' from 'PySide2.support.signature.mapping' (/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/PySide2/support/signature/mapping.py)
The files in question are present and I have reinstalled Shiboken2 and PySide2 packages and reinstalled FreeCad afterwards. But, no succes.

What could be the problem here? I can't figure it out at the moment.

Regards,
Ed.
3Beer

Re: -FIXED- 0.18 error at startup on Arch Linux

Post by 3Beer »

After removing my config files and a reinstall of 0.18 everything works without a problem.