PPA problem updating to Release of 0.18

Having trouble installing or compiling FreeCAD? Get help here.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
NormandC
Veteran

Re: PPA problem updating to Release of 0.18

Post by NormandC »

That's why I have two separate Ubuntu installations side by side. I currently have 16.04 and 18.04 but haven't booted 16.04 in a long time; it's still there if I ever need it, to check out some configuration I forgot to add to the newer Ubuntu. To make sure not to make a mess, I have two separate Home folders, with symlinks from one to the other for folders.

When Ubuntu 20.04 LTS comes out next year, I'll install it over the 16.04 partition and it will become my main system. I've been doing this since Ubuntu 10.04.
iogui

Re: PPA problem updating to Release of 0.18

Post by iogui »

NormandC wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:53 am That's why I have two separate Ubuntu installations side by side. I currently have 16.04 and 18.04 but haven't booted 16.04 in a long time; it's still there if I ever need it, to check out some configuration I forgot to add to the newer Ubuntu. To make sure not to make a mess, I have two separate Home folders, with symlinks from one to the other for folders.

When Ubuntu 20.04 LTS comes out next year, I'll install it over the 16.04 partition and it will become my main system. I've been doing this since Ubuntu 10.04.
Good strategy.
I'm planning to do a fsarchiver image of my system and install it in a vbox virtual environment, test if it is working and then save it in an external drive. Then I will format my system and reinstall it from zero and one of the first softwares to be installed will be virtual box so I can work in the virtual system wile I'm still installing and configuring everything.
Be the change you want to see in the world. - Mahatma Gandhi