Topic hijacked, I'm no longer interested in trying to maintain it

Having trouble installing or compiling FreeCAD? Get help here.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
iogui

Re: Topic hijacked, I'm no longer interested in trying to maintain it

Post by iogui »

Kunda1 wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 6:09 pm I vote (if that counts for anything) that FreeCAD should have a code of conduct. If we don't address this, it is subject to becoming an obstacle for this project.
Indeed it has:

FREECAD CODE OF CONDUCT

And I kind of like it.
Be the change you want to see in the world. - Mahatma Gandhi
iogui

Post by iogui »

I understand NormandC frustration and I can see the good job he has been doing providing so much valuable information in this forum for many years but I don't agree with the way he has dealt with this particular situation in this topic. It seemed to me too aggressive. Not that my opinion means much here as I'm just a newcomer trying to learn and understand things better before helping as a developer.
Be the change you want to see in the world. - Mahatma Gandhi
Jee-Bee
Veteran

Post by Jee-Bee »

Hijacking forum topic happens a lot. NormandC Complains much more about it. And a lot of time i didn't notice it... :oops:
So i help with it so now and then...

I think that this should be a bombshell moment. A fresh moment how to handle/ maintain topics and off topic. when split topics etc.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

I have started a discussion in a new topic: https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=36183.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
bejant
Veteran

Post by bejant »

chrisb wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 10:35 pm How should I proceed? I tend to completely delete the topic, and I had indeed thought about silently to do so, hoping that no one would realize, but after all that would have been a bad choice.
The subject of this topic is now about being hijacked, there is a new topic for further discussion, so I'd like to see this thread locked and remain as-is.