Daily PPA for 0.19

Having trouble installing or compiling FreeCAD? Get help here.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
koluna

Daily PPA for 0.19

Post by koluna »

Hi, Dears!

I use this repository for 0.18 now:

Code: Select all

deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/freecad-maintainers/freecad-daily/ubuntu xenial main
deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/freecad-maintainers/freecad-daily/ubuntu xenial main
But it is not updated now. It seems it is binded with a new release.
Can I get regular daily updates for 0.19?
NormandC
Veteran

Re: Daily PPA for 0.19

Post by NormandC »

Please search the forum before posting a new topic. Your question was asked yesterday.

https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35578
koluna

Post by koluna »

I am sorry. I am gulty...
As for your link... I did not understand... do we wait for a 0.18 release?
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

kkremitzki has to provide the freecad-doc package for the 0.18 release before it is considered done, then he will resume the freecad-daily PPA but that will take some time.

If you can't wait, you can compile FreeCAD yourself.

As for the 0.18 release, there is an announcement at the very top of all forums.
vocx
Veteran

Post by vocx »

koluna wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:09 am Can I get regular daily updates for 0.19?
No. As of today, the freecad-daily repository does not provide 0.19 builds. It will take a while for the maintainer to start producing daily 0.19 packages.

If you want to use FreeCAD 0.19, currently you have to download the source and compile it yourself. If you don't want to do this, just stick to using the package from freecad-stable, which is 0.18.1.
Always add the important information to your posts if you need help. Also see Tutorials and Video tutorials.
To support the documentation effort, and code development, your donation is appreciated: liberapay.com/FreeCAD.
kees

Post by kees »

@vocx I was also lookng for freecad-daily, but found this thread.
But freecad-stable also does not install:

# apt-get update|grep freecad
Hit:3 http://ppa.launchpad.net/freecad-mainta ... ily/ubuntu disco InRelease
Hit:7 http://ppa.launchpad.net/freecad-mainta ... ble/ubuntu disco InRelease
# apt install freecad-stable
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package freecad-stable

But I could install 0.18.1 from the Ubuntu repository and am patiently waiting for the new daily...
kkremitzki
Veteran

Post by kkremitzki »

The stable package is just freecad, no -stable; you can find this by e.g. sudo apt search freecad.
Like my FreeCAD work? I'd appreciate any level of support via Patreon, Liberapay, or PayPal! Read more about what I do at my blog.
kkremitzki
Veteran

Post by kkremitzki »

I've finished testing my new version of the daily package and have triggered builds for the Daily PPA.
Like my FreeCAD work? I'd appreciate any level of support via Patreon, Liberapay, or PayPal! Read more about what I do at my blog.
vocx
Veteran

Post by vocx »

kees wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 11:05 am @vocx I was also lookng for freecad-daily, but found this thread.
But freecad-stable also does not install:
Take a look at the repositories, freecad-stable, freecad-daily.

The repository is called "freecad-stable", but the package itself is called "freecad". This package is meant to supersede the one provided in the Ubuntu universe repository, as that one is probably old.

That is, by running

Code: Select all

sudo apt install freecad
you will be installing the one from the freecad-stable repository.
But I could install 0.18.1 from the Ubuntu repository and am patiently waiting for the new daily...
It seems you are using the latest Ubuntu 19.04; for this distribution the freecad package in freecad-stable should be the same as the one in the Ubuntu universe repository, so in any case, you will be using a recent version.

And as you can see from the post above, the freecad-daily packages are now available for 16.04, 18.04, 18.10, and 19.04.
Always add the important information to your posts if you need help. Also see Tutorials and Video tutorials.
To support the documentation effort, and code development, your donation is appreciated: liberapay.com/FreeCAD.
mendy

Post by mendy »

Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.19.
Build type: Release
Python version: 3.6.7
Qt version: 5.9.5
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 7.3.0
Locale: English/UnitedStates (en_US)

Your efforts work well. Today told system to check for updates and FreeCad Daily showed up in list of available updates. Checked details and said I have 0.18 installed and 0.19 is available. Let it install and is fine. Thought it might be troublesome but was seamless. Thank you and the community for all their work.