FreeCAD 0.18.1 instalation

Having trouble installing or compiling FreeCAD? Get help here.
chrisb

Re: FreeCAD 0.18.1 instalation

Postby chrisb » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:45 pm

Very interesting reading, although the ISO standard mentioned at the end of the introduction are rather outdated. At least the outdated book I have mentiones newer versions.

Do you have access to the current ISO standards?
SamoZ

Postby SamoZ » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:56 pm

Here is a link on the theory of dimensioning which mentions the standards. Might be good to have as well besides the actual standard.

https://epdf.tips/theory-of-dimensionin ... ering.html
This resource is only one of the sources that talks about computer graphics (vector or matrix geometry, spatial transformations with homogeneous coordinates ...) and is a necessary theoretical background for computer programming of projecting objects on the 2D plane.
But what I'm talking about is not the same. I have in mind the actual rules included in the literature and standards for technical drawing (eg ISO Technical Comitee 10 set of standards). They talk about how 2D technical drawings of spatial objects must appear, which are represented by different standardized projections (mostly multiview or "Monge" projections) and which are equipped with all the necessary symbols (technical lettering and special symbols for tolerances, surfces, edges, welds...). All these rules are covered in a number of standards and summarized in various professional books. In addition, I also keep in mind what functions and options the software tools of the appropriate module must have, so that such drawings can be created fairly easily and efficiently without excessive deviations from the formal rules of the standards. For the sake of TechDraw module modernization only main principles and rules from technical drawings basics must be excerpted from this huge bunch of literature. I am prepared to write down this main things gradually in decent time to help you improve TD module.
SamoZ

Postby SamoZ » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:19 pm

Do you have access to the current ISO standards?
Yes I have, at least to most of important ones for this area (latest editions). TC10 is a committee at ISO that is responsible for all standards for technical documentation (the actual ones and of course also for withdrawn versions).
Mark Szlazak

Postby Mark Szlazak » Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:51 am

selvakarna

How to Install FreeCAD in Windows using Python PIP commands ?

Postby selvakarna » Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:40 am

How to Install FreeCAD in Windows using Python PIP commands ?