macOS build instructions - outdated?

Having trouble installing or compiling FreeCAD? Get help here.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
looo
Veteran

Re: macOS build instructions - outdated?

Post by looo »

jia wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:50 am then I copied the libs from the miniconda3/pkgs/, when I run it again, and got
no, please no manual copying. When compilation has finished, simple activate the build-env or better the host env with:

Code: Select all

conda activate <path to host_env/build_env>
jia

Post by jia »

looo wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:10 am
jia wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:50 am then I copied the libs from the miniconda3/pkgs/, when I run it again, and got
no, please no manual copying. When compilation has finished, simple activate the build-env or better the host env with:

conda activate <path to host_env/build_env>
but the build-env was removed automatic, when the build process is completed, I got only these

channeldata.json index.html       osx-64
icons            noarch           work
my .conda/environments.txt has this line

/Users/jia/miniconda3/conda-bld/freecad_1581648057967/_build_env
but the freecad_1581648057967 is gone, only a freecad-0.19.pre-py38_97.tar.bz2 tarball under osx-64.

How can I keep the _build_env?
looo
Veteran

Post by looo »

Ah sorry, somehow I assumed you are using "conda debug" instead of "conda build".

conda build creates a package, a collection of files which were installed by the build.sh script into the host-env. There are some options to not delete the build/host environment but I would suggest to use conda-debug instead. This tool create the host and build environment and once done prints commands how to activate the build environment (Actually it' activating the build-env on top of the host env).

The command should be similar to this:

cd ~/miniconda3/conda-bld/debug_1576320418146/work/
source build_env_setup.sh
Once you have activated the build_env you are able to run the build-script:

bash conda_build.sh
This will run the build and installes freecad into the host_env which should be activated. Once it's ready you shoud be able to start freecad.
jia

Post by jia »

looo wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:52 pm Ah sorry, somehow I assumed you are using "conda debug" instead of "conda build".

conda build creates a package, a collection of files which were installed by the build.sh script into the host-env. There are some options to not delete the build/host environment but I would suggest to use conda-debug instead. This tool create the host and build environment and once done prints commands how to activate the build environment (Actually it' activating the build-env on top of the host env).

The command should be similar to this:

cd ~/miniconda3/conda-bld/debug_1576320418146/work/
source build_env_setup.sh
Once you have activated the build_env you are able to run the build-script:

bash conda_build.sh
This will run the build and installes freecad into the host_env which should be activated. Once it's ready you shoud be able to start freecad.
Thank you very much!
`conda debug` make me can test FreeCAD.
looo
Veteran

Post by looo »

jia wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:00 am `conda debug` make me can test FreeCAD.
@jia is it possible for you to write a short summary how to build freecad with "conda debug". There are also others struggeling with this topic:
https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 10#p369711

I have created a instruction for the use of conda-debug. Maybe you can help cleaning these instructions and add things I have forgotten:
https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD_Cond ... r/debug.md