Question about Daily PPA vs AppImage - netgen

Having trouble installing or compiling FreeCAD? Get help here.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
quick61
Veteran

Question about Daily PPA vs AppImage - netgen

Post by quick61 »

In the recent AppImages netgen is available and is the default mesher in the Mesh Design workbench, yet it is not available with the Daily PPA builds. Are the Daily PPAs not being build with awareness of netgen, or is there some conflict with netgen that the AppImage builds have been able to work around. Just wondering what the reason is / why isn't netgen able to work with the Daily PPAs?

Mark
This post made with 0.0% Micro$oft products - GOT LINUX?
kkremitzki
Veteran

Re: Question about Daily PPA vs AppImage - netgen

Post by kkremitzki »

Last time I tried to build the package with Netgen available the integration wasn't working, but that was probably a year ago or so.
Like my FreeCAD work? I'd appreciate any level of support via Patreon, Liberapay, or PayPal! Read more about what I do at my blog.
quick61
Veteran

Re: Question about Daily PPA vs AppImage - netgen

Post by quick61 »

kkremitzki wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 6:26 pm Last time I tried to build the package with Netgen available the integration wasn't working, but that was probably a year ago or so.
Ah, shiny. No biggie, I just like to have it available in Mesh Design to export decent meshes for 3D printing and it can come in real handy in the FEM workbench as well. At least a version, (AppImage), is available that has it working.

Thanks for the reply.

Mark
This post made with 0.0% Micro$oft products - GOT LINUX?