Path WB does not work

Having trouble installing or compiling FreeCAD? Get help here.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
ascaron

Path WB does not work

Post by ascaron »

Hi!
I installed FC from AUR (https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/freecad/):
Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.18.16117 (Git)
Build type: Release
Branch: makepkg
Hash: dbb4cc6415bac848a294f03b80f65e888d531742
Python version: 3.7.3
Qt version: 5.12.3
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 7.3.0
Locale: German/Germany (de_DE)

I only used the Path Design WB so far and everything worked fine. Recently I wanted to try out the Path WB but here nothing seems to work.
When I try to open the tool editor, a message appears on the bottom but no window opens. This is what I get in the terminal:

Code: Select all

Running the Python command 'Path_ToolLibraryEdit' failed:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/freecad/Mod/Path/PathScripts/PathToolLibraryManager.py", line 627, in Activated
    self.edit()
  File "/usr/lib/freecad/Mod/Path/PathScripts/PathToolLibraryManager.py", line 609, in edit
    editor = EditorPanel(job, cb)
  File "/usr/lib/freecad/Mod/Path/PathScripts/PathToolLibraryManager.py", line 397, in __init__
    self.loadTable()
  File "/usr/lib/freecad/Mod/Path/PathScripts/PathToolLibraryManager.py", line 460, in loadTable
    self.form.ToolsList.setModel(tooldata)

'PySide2.QtWidgets.QDialog' object has no attribute 'ToolsList'
When I try to create a job this appears:

Running the Python command 'Path_Job' failed:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/freecad/Mod/Path/PathScripts/PathJobCmd.py", line 64, in Activated
    dialog = PathJobDlg.JobCreate()
  File "/usr/lib/freecad/Mod/Path/PathScripts/PathJobDlg.py", line 55, in __init__
    self.dialog.templateGroup.hide()

'PySide2.QtWidgets.QDialog' object has no attribute 'templateGroup'
Can anyone help? I also downloaded the AppImage and here the Path WB seems to work fine.
chrisb
Veteran

Re: Path WB does not work

Post by chrisb »

You can try to reset the configuration with the button in the preferences. Another possibility is to delete your config files or to move them in case you want to restore them.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
ascaron

Post by ascaron »

Hi Chris,
still the same. It looks like some library is missing or not installed/connected properly from the AUR. I tried installing with another computer with Parabola but its the same.
I also compiled manually the 0.18 version as well as the newest master snapshot (here Path also doesn't work but it seems for a different reason... I can't remember right now, I am going to try it again later).

Does Path need a special library except for opencamlib for the 3D paths?
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

ascaron wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:58 am Does Path need a special library except for opencamlib for the 3D paths?
As far as as I know it is based on libarea, which is distributed together with all the other FreeCAD libs. The rest is Python code. I use Path on a Mac, and it runs very well. I would guess that compatibility to Manjaro should be even better than to my system.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

ascaron wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:45 pm

Does the name PySide2 imply that it is based on Python2? Then it may be an issue with the different Python versions. Who knows more about the Python2/Python3 stuff?
kkremitzki
Veteran

Post by kkremitzki »

chrisb wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:41 pm
ascaron wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:45 pm

Does the name PySide2 imply that it is based on Python2? Then it may be an issue with the different Python versions. Who knows more about the Python2/Python3 stuff?
No, PySide 2 implies Qt 5 (PySide was Qt 4 only.)
Like my FreeCAD work? I'd appreciate any level of support via Patreon, Liberapay, or PayPal! Read more about what I do at my blog.
pumpal1

Post by pumpal1 »

Hi - experiencing exactly the same problem - Manjaro, pyside2 5.12.3, Freecad 0.19_pre.r706.g2a1dd8415 . Seems that at least one other guy experiencing the same, on FreeBSD (upstream bug 3984)... tried also another version from AUR - Freecad 0.18 - AppImage conformed working but loot super ugly. Following.