Binaries for FreeCAD 0.18.2 for Windows.

Having trouble installing or compiling FreeCAD? Get help here.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
RogerioChG

Binaries for FreeCAD 0.18.2 for Windows.

Post by RogerioChG »

I'm Rogerio, user of the freecad. Develop 3D drawings for mechanical designs for hydraulic equipment. I'm not a programmer. I also do not know where to ask this favor, so I'll post here and correct me if I'm wrong. Used the operating system windows 10 pro version 18.09 and for some unknown reason FreeCAD works much better on my computer when compiled with Libpack 11.11 Python 2.7 and Qt4. I use the portable version. Is it possible to get this message to a programmer to compile version 0.18.2 with this version of libraries, python and qt? I'm waiting for some help there. I have a little programming notion, very basic indeed, but if someone is willing to help me compile my own FreeCAD in these features as another alternative is also valid.
Kunda1
Veteran

Re: Binaries for FreeCAD 0.18.2 for Windows.

Post by Kunda1 »

Hey @RogerioChG
Welcome to the FreeCAD forum. Please in the future always post your Help :arrow_forward: About FreeCAD :arrow_forward: "Copy to clipboard..."

We've been seeing reports of users complaining about speed issues between Qt4 and Qt5. I can't find the forum threads ATM but this is becoming a 'Known Issue'.
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

Hello RogerioChG! Welcome to FreeCAD and the forum :)
In the short term you can use 0.19_pre https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/rele ... g/0.19_pre
I think we are close to a 0.18.3 backport release, so I will try to provide a QT4/PY2/VS2013 portable build. Be aware that PY2 and QT4 are reaching EOL so I don't know how long these builds will continue.

I haven't experienced PY3/QT5/VS2015+ run time performance issues, but I've seen it at build time.
"fight the good fight"
RogerioChG

Post by RogerioChG »

sgrogan wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:01 pm Hello RogerioChG! Welcome to FreeCAD and the forum :)
In the short term you can use 0.19_pre https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/rele ... g/0.19_pre
I think we are close to a 0.18.3 backport release, so I will try to provide a QT4/PY2/VS2013 portable build. Be aware that PY2 and QT4 are reaching EOL so I don't know how long these builds will continue.

I haven't experienced PY3/QT5/VS2015+ run time performance issues, but I've seen it at build time.
Sgrogan, thanks for the feedback and help.
RogerioChG

Post by RogerioChG »

Kunda1 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:47 pm Hey @RogerioChG
Welcome to the FreeCAD forum. Please in the future always post your Help :arrow_forward: About FreeCAD :arrow_forward: "Copy to clipboard..."

We've been seeing reports of users complaining about speed issues between Qt4 and Qt5. I can't find the forum threads ATM but this is becoming a 'Known Issue'.
Okay, thanks for the feedback.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Kunda1 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:47 pm Please in the future always post your Help :arrow_forward: About FreeCAD :arrow_forward: "Copy to clipboard..."
It wouldn't have helped here, because Rogerio asked for a FreeCAD version he actually doesn't have ...
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.