How to install the Partslibrary on windows XP

Having trouble installing or compiling FreeCAD? Get help here.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Nikolass

How to install the Partslibrary on windows XP

Post by Nikolass »

Dear Sirs,
Problem is how to instal Partslibrary on windows xp (FreeCAD 0.16)?
After open macros with file Partslibrary.FCMacro fails the Execute macros.
How to install a Parts library?
Best regards,
Nikolass
Jee-Bee
Veteran

Re: How to install the Partslibrary on windows XP

Post by Jee-Bee »

If you don't tell the error We are unable to help you....

But basically Windows XP is end of life since april 2014!! FreeCAD 0.16 is now more than 4 years old and unsupported too.
So i would advise you to upgrade your pc to a newer windows version (what you can probably do for free) or to linux what is for free for sure!.
Nikolass

Post by Nikolass »

Jee-Bee wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:23 pm If you don't tell the error We are unable to help you....

But basically Windows XP is end of life since april 2014!! FreeCAD 0.16 is now more than 4 years old and unsupported too.
So i would advise you to upgrade your pc to a newer windows version (what you can probably do for free) or to linux what is for free for sure!.
Dear Jee Bee,
Problem is i am installing Partslibrary on FreeCAD 0.16 (Windows XP, Service Pack 2) at first without additional workbenches and all working good. After installing additional workbenche Partslibrary not open. When i am click on the button Execute macros the window closes and nothing happens further. No errors are written, the window just closes and nothing happens. On Windows 7 Starter (on FreeCAD 0.18) all the same. What could be the problem and how to solve it?
Best Regards,
Nikolass
Jee-Bee
Veteran

Post by Jee-Bee »

I would think that the report view give some clues. All issues are written to that.

test what combination of "additional workbeches" work and which one don't work
and give your (0.18) version info as described here: https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2264