[solved] AddonManager project cannot be compiled

Having trouble installing or compiling FreeCAD? Get help here.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
uwestoehr
Veteran

[solved] AddonManager project cannot be compiled

Post by uwestoehr »

With today's git master I cannot compile the Addonmanager. I get:

Code: Select all

2>------ Build started: Project: AddonManager, Configuration: Release x64 ------
2>Copying D:/FreeCADGit/src/Mod/AddonManager/Init.py to D:/FreeCAD-build/Mod/AddonManager/Init.py
2>Copying D:/FreeCADGit/src/Mod/AddonManager/InitGui.py to D:/FreeCAD-build/Mod/AddonManager/InitGui.py
2>Copying D:/FreeCADGit/src/Mod/AddonManager/AddonManager.py to D:/FreeCAD-build/Mod/AddonManager/AddonManager.py
2>Copying D:/FreeCADGit/src/Mod/AddonManager/addonmanager_macro.py to D:/FreeCAD-build/Mod/AddonManager/addonmanager_macro.py
2>Copying D:/FreeCADGit/src/Mod/AddonManager/addonmanager_utilities.py to D:/FreeCAD-build/Mod/AddonManager/addonmanager_utilities.py
2>Copying D:/FreeCADGit/src/Mod/AddonManager/addonmanager_workers.py to D:/FreeCAD-build/Mod/AddonManager/addonmanager_workers.py
2>Copying D:/FreeCADGit/src/Mod/AddonManager/AddonManager.ui to D:/FreeCAD-build/Mod/AddonManager/AddonManager.ui
2>Copying D:/FreeCADGit/src/Mod/AddonManager/AddonManagerOptions.ui to D:/FreeCAD-build/Mod/AddonManager/AddonManagerOptions.ui
2>Generating AddonManager_rc.py
2>CUSTOMBUILD : pyrcc4 Parse error : D:/FreeCADGit/src/Mod/AddonManager/Resources/AddonManager.qrc:4:2 [error occurred while parsing content]
2>Done building project "AddonManager.vcxproj" -- FAILED.
Who is the maintainer of the AddonManager or who can I ask for help?
Last edited by uwestoehr on Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kunda1
Veteran

Re: AddonManager project cannot be compiled

Post by Kunda1 »

uwestoehr wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:24 pm

Code: Select all

2>CUSTOMBUILD : pyrcc4 Parse error : D:/FreeCADGit/src/Mod/AddonManager/Resources/AddonManager.qrc:4:2 [error occurred while parsing content]
@yorik has been hacking on it.

But I've been adding icons to the AddonManager so they display correctly in the UI. The .qrc file is where the icons are registered in order to be displayed.

https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/blob ... anager.qrc
and
https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/blob ... ces/icons/

What's odd is that looking at the .qrc file I see no issues. The error you're posting is very generic. Any more details ?
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

I don't know what could be the issue either... pyrcc works ok here with the current AddonManager qrc file...
Maybe some of the new icons that contains something that your version of pyrcc doesn't like?

If you're wiling to help debugging this, maybe you could browse through the recently added icons ( https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/comm ... /Resources ) and delete their entries from AddonManager.qrc (the actual svg file can stay there) until we find the culprit?
sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

yorik wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:36 pm If you're wiling to help debugging this, maybe you could browse through the recently added icons
It builds for me but I get an error about AirPlaneDesign_workbench_icon.svg file not found
In the source the icon is named AirPlaneDesign_workbench-icon.svg
"fight the good fight"
uwestoehr
Veteran

Post by uwestoehr »

It builds now for me.
wmayer
Founder

Re: [solved] AddonManager project cannot be compiled

Post by wmayer »

Generating AddonManager_rc.py
I get a similar error with the Arch_rc.py where for some reason the generated file is too small because somehow it gets truncated. I wonder if the pyrcc tool has a problem.