The software don't run on launch after first installation

Having trouble installing or compiling FreeCAD? Get help here.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
lukaenergy

The software don't run on launch after first installation

Post by lukaenergy »

Hi gents :)
I'm Luca, I'm new in the forum and I would ask your kind support ...
I've just installed FreeCAD but if I double click the icon nothing happens and no error appears.
The crash log is the following:
Log: Id: 7028: SymInit: Symbol-SearchPath: '.; ​​C: Program Files FreeCAD 0.18 bin; C: Program Files FreeCAD 0.18 bin, C: Windows; * C: websymbols * http: //msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols; ', symOptions: 530, UserName:' Luka '
Log: Id: 7028: OS-Version: 6.2.9200 () 0x100-0x1

Someone can help me to solve? :D

Thank you in advance...
chrisb
Veteran

Re: The software don't run on launch after first installation

Post by chrisb »

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Some questions:
- It looks as if you are using Windows, which one is it?
- where did you get the FreeCAD program?
- your path should contain some backslashes '\', but I cannot see any. Are they present on your real system?
- can you try starting FreeCAD from commandline? what output do you see?
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
lukaenergy

Post by lukaenergy »

Thank you for the reply! :)
    Please find below my anwers:
    - I'm using Windows 8 Enterprise N X64
    - I've downloded the SW from the following official link: https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/rele ... taller.exe
    - I pasted the patch as real system. There are no backslashes;
    - If I start the program with CMD nothing happend without error (only crash log in folder C:\Users\Luka\AppData\Roaming\FreeCAD)
    - The computer is quite old so I guess if is this the cause:
    > CPU: Intel(R) Core (TM)2 DUO CPU T8100 @2.10Ghz
    > RAM 3 GB
    > Mobile Intel (R) 965 Express Chipset Family (Microsfot corporation - WSSM 1.1)

Thanks
    chrisb
    Veteran

Post by chrisb »

You should be able to run FreeCAD quite well on your computer, it's powerfull enough.
    lukaenergy wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:19 pm - I pasted the patch as real system. There are no backslashes;
    Please check your system settings, how does the path look like there? You can get it as well with the command PATH from the commandline.

- If I start the program with CMD nothing happend without error (only crash log in folder C:\Users\Luka\AppData\Roaming\FreeCAD)
    "nothing happend without error" means "everything happened with error". Which errors do you see? Does the log give some insights?
    A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.