Error when generating CMake configuration on Windows

Having trouble installing or compiling FreeCAD? Get help here.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
uwestoehr
Veteran

Re: Error when generating CMake configuration on Windows

Post by uwestoehr »

hsnam wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:52 am But when I executed the FreeCAD.exe file in the bin folder, there're some errors happened:
Do I need to install something else to make it works?
Yes, you must copy the DLLs to the build folder, see https://www.freecadweb.org/wiki/Compile ... ng_FreeCAD
So have you used the CMake flags FREECAD_COPY_*** as described?
sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

hsnam wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:17 am I know that there are built versions of FreeCAD, but I want to use a modified one so I have to build by my own.
The 11.x series of Libpacks are PY2/QT4.
The CMake flags FREECAD_COPY_***, don't exist in the 0.18 release branch.
The binaries on the 0.18.x release pages use QT5.6/PY3, I used Conda as a package manager to build these, but I did not use the native Conda build tools so the build process is convoluted. If you really need to build 0.18.x I can try to help with this.

The development branch of FreeCAD (master) is typically quite "stable". Generally we treat it as a rolling release. On the whole there are probably as many bug fixes/new features as there are new bugs introduced. Breaking bugs are typically fixed in a very timely fashion (literally minutes to days)

I would discourage using the 11.x Libpacks, as QT4 is already EOL and PY2 will be by the end of the year. Any devepment you do might be obsolete already.

FreeCAD is Free and free, so we can help with whatever you decide.
"fight the good fight"
hsnam

Post by hsnam »

sgrogan wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:48 pm
hsnam wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:17 am I know that there are built versions of FreeCAD, but I want to use a modified one so I have to build by my own.
The 11.x series of Libpacks are PY2/QT4.
The CMake flags FREECAD_COPY_***, don't exist in the 0.18 release branch.
The binaries on the 0.18.x release pages use QT5.6/PY3, I used Conda as a package manager to build these, but I did not use the native Conda build tools so the build process is convoluted. If you really need to build 0.18.x I can try to help with this.

The development branch of FreeCAD (master) is typically quite "stable". Generally we treat it as a rolling release. On the whole there are probably as many bug fixes/new features as there are new bugs introduced. Breaking bugs are typically fixed in a very timely fashion (literally minutes to days)

I would discourage using the 11.x Libpacks, as QT4 is already EOL and PY2 will be by the end of the year. Any devepment you do might be obsolete already.

FreeCAD is Free and free, so we can help with whatever you decide.
Thank for your help!
hsnam

Post by hsnam »

uwestoehr wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:11 pm
hsnam wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:52 am But when I executed the FreeCAD.exe file in the bin folder, there're some errors happened:
Do I need to install something else to make it works?
Yes, you must copy the DLLs to the build folder, see https://www.freecadweb.org/wiki/Compile ... ng_FreeCAD
So have you used the CMake flags FREECAD_COPY_*** as described?
I'll try this, thank you so much!
hsnam

Post by hsnam »

I built it successfully, thank you guys for your help.
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

hsnam wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:28 am I built it successfully, thank you guys for your help.
Please mark thread as [Solved] (edit the first post title)
Thanks
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs