New libpacks for Windows with Qt5.15, OCC7.5

Having trouble installing or compiling FreeCAD? Get help here.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
chennes
Veteran

Re: New libpacks for Windows with Qt5.15, OCC7.5

Post by chennes »

I am working on migrating our codebase to the C++17 standard (or at least, to compile under that standard!) and have run into a sticking point with the LibPack. The Reverse Engineering workbench uses PCL, which in turn uses FLANN. The libpack currently includes the last official release of FLANN, 1.9.1, which uses features that were deprecated in C++11 and have been removed in C++17. The library is in long-term maintenance mode: the GitHub repo has the fix in it, but he has not cut a new release. Could we please include the latest GitHub HEAD in the next version of the LibPack?
apeltauer wrote: ping
Chris Hennes
Pioneer Library System
GitHub profile, LinkedIn profile, chrishennes.com
GeneFC
Veteran

Post by GeneFC »

apeltauer wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:20 pm I have created a new libpack with the fillet fix provided by Chris Hennes:
https://github.com/apeltauer/FreeCAD/re ... ack_12.5.1
I just tried compiling with this libpack, and I got many failures due to "file not found" errors. When I look in the libpack there appear to be a number of references to

Code: Select all

DIR=D:/Work/FC_Develop/FreeCadLibs/
Obviously this will not work for someone who does not have the originating computer.

It is certainly possible, or even likely, that I did something wrong, but I used the same procedures I have used a number of times before on earlier libpacks.

About 30% of the modules would not build. Is there a simple way around this?

Gene
uwestoehr
Veteran

Post by uwestoehr »

GeneFC wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:01 pm I just tried compiling with this libpack, and I got many failures due to "file not found" errors. When I look in the libpack there appear to be a number of references to

You can ignore them. I see them too but can compile.

I cannot help much than say that I try to follow as strictly as possible these build instructions:
https://wiki.freecadweb.org/Compile_on_Windows

Note that when compiling a new LibPack you must start from scratch - delete existing build folders and delete the CMake cache.
apeltauer

Post by apeltauer »

GeneFC wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:01 pm
apeltauer wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:20 pm I have created a new libpack with the fillet fix provided by Chris Hennes:
https://github.com/apeltauer/FreeCAD/re ... ack_12.5.1
I just tried compiling with this libpack, and I got many failures due to "file not found" errors. When I look in the libpack there appear to be a number of references to

Obviously this will not work for someone who does not have the originating computer.

It is certainly possible, or even likely, that I did something wrong, but I used the same procedures I have used a number of times before on earlier libpacks.

About 30% of the modules would not build. Is there a simple way around this?

Gene
You are right, that some cmake config files have an absolute path is not the best solution. I will try to replace those.
But :) like Uwe already said, it also needs to work like it is.
May your cmake config uses some local stuff!? Python is always a bit tricky. Could you check this?
GeneFC
Veteran

Post by GeneFC »

apeltauer wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:12 am May your cmake config uses some local stuff!? Python is always a bit tricky. Could you check this?
I believe it was just a bad run. I tried again, using the same steps (I think) and it worked. Still got the error messages, but the compilation was ultimately successful.

I always start completely clean, and I do not have any local tweaks. Don't know what happened. Maybe a neutrino finally interacted with my CPU. :lol:

Gene
apeltauer

Post by apeltauer »

GeneFC wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:19 pm
apeltauer wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:12 am May your cmake config uses some local stuff!? Python is always a bit tricky. Could you check this?
I believe it was just a bad run. I tried again, using the same steps (I think) and it worked. Still got the error messages, but the compilation was ultimately successful.

I always start completely clean, and I do not have any local tweaks. Don't know what happened. Maybe a neutrino finally interacted with my CPU. :lol:

Gene
:+1:
johnwang
Veteran

Post by johnwang »

Hi,

Is qt script included in this qt 5.15?

I was trying to compile a program and link to this lib, but got an error when config with cmake, saying can't find qt script. Other module like widgets was found with no problem.

I searched qt doc and know qt script is for qt 4, but seems qt5 still could use it.

How do I check if qt script is included? If not, how do I add it?

Thanks for any help.

Cheers,

John
hfc series CAE workbenches for FreeCAD (hfcNastran95, hfcMystran, hfcFrame3DD, hfcSU2 and more)
uwestoehr
Veteran

Post by uwestoehr »

johnwang wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:05 am Is qt script included in this qt 5.15?
It is included but there is not yet a CMake variable to set the location to the QtScript.
chennes
Veteran

Post by chennes »

johnwang wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:05 am Is qt script included in this qt 5.15?
Just a word of warning that they have removed support for QtScript in Qt 6 -- If you can use QJSEngine and friends from Qt QML instead, that will be more future-proof.
Chris Hennes
Pioneer Library System
GitHub profile, LinkedIn profile, chrishennes.com
johnwang
Veteran

Post by johnwang »

uwestoehr wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:42 pm It is included but there is not yet a CMake variable to set the location to the QtScript.
Thanks, I founded it in the new FreeCADLibs.

My program needs QVTKOpenGLNativeWidget.h, it is in VTK-8.2.0\GUISupport\Qt. But seems not included in the FreeCADLibs. Is it easy to add or I have to compile VTK by myself?
hfc series CAE workbenches for FreeCAD (hfcNastran95, hfcMystran, hfcFrame3DD, hfcSU2 and more)