How is the LibPack made

Having trouble installing or compiling FreeCAD? Get help here.
peterl94

How is the LibPack made

Postby peterl94 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:05 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm new around here and have a few questions. I built FreeCAD a few weeks ago on Windows 7 with VC9 and the LibPack 8.1 and I was amazed at how easy it was! Thanks so much for providing prebuild dependencies!

I have quite a bit of experience compiling software and so I want to try making a LibPack for Mac OS X. I know it might be quite difficult, but I like challenges. :D So my question is, do you have any special procedure for makeing the LibPack or do you just set the install prefix to one folder?

Also, what are the officially supported versions of the librarys for compiling the FreeCAD master branch? The ones used in LibPack 8.1?

Thanks,
Peter
jriegel
Site Admin

Re: How is the LibPack made

Postby jriegel » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:14 pm

I don't use the install procedure of the packages. I copy the include/lib/bin stuff in the libPack directories.
Important is to compile all the libs together cause of the cross dependencies Qt/SoQt/PyQt/python/coin3d/PyVi....
Also the names of the debug and release libs has to be distinguishable...

The rest ist done in the corresponding cMake file :
https://sourceforge.net/p/free-cad/code ... ck8x.cmake
Stop whining - start coding!
peterl94

Postby peterl94 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:48 pm

Cool, thanks! I've got just about everything compiled. Now I just need to write the CMake script, and solve some annoying mac bundle problems.
NormandC

Postby NormandC » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:25 pm

Peter, if you can manage to bundle a Mac build without those problems it would be great. As it is I've stopped recommending FreeCAD to Mac users who ask for free/open source CAD packages.