[solved] During initialization the error "'Shiboken.ObjectType' object is not iterable" occurred

Having trouble installing or compiling FreeCAD? Get help here.
mlampert

Re: During initialization the error "'Shiboken.ObjectType' object is not iterable" occurred

Postby mlampert » Mon May 18, 2020 6:20 pm

kkremitzki wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:35 pm
Unfortunately things are in a bit of a broken state right now until the Debian Qt 5.14 transition is complete.
Do you know of an ETC for the transition for Debian Testing? Would be nice to build/use FC in/on my dev machine again.
johanh

Re: [solved] During initialization the error "'Shiboken.ObjectType' object is not iterable" occurred

Postby johanh » Mon May 18, 2020 6:23 pm

Added the patches mentioned from Debian and rebuilt Fedora rpms. It works!
kkremitzki

Re: [solved] During initialization the error "'Shiboken.ObjectType' object is not iterable" occurred

Postby kkremitzki » Mon May 18, 2020 8:19 pm

The page that details migration status is here: https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/pyside2

So it should be in 5 days.

Thanks are due to looo too since I just noticed his post about the patches being used in the conda builds.
Like my FreeCAD work? I'd appreciate any level of support via Patreon, Liberapay, or PayPal! Read more about what I do at my blog.
johanh

Postby johanh » Mon May 18, 2020 8:58 pm

There is an annoying warning now when starting FreeCAD 0.18 (with the updated pyside2).

Code: Select all

/usr/lib64/freecad/Mod/PartDesign/WizardShaft/Shaft.py:91: SyntaxWarning: "is not" with a literal. Did you mean "!="?
  if self.segments[i].constraintType is not "Fixed":
Changing it to "!=" as it says gets rid of it.
reox

Postby reox » Tue May 19, 2020 5:57 am

johanh wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 8:58 pm
There is an annoying warning now when starting FreeCAD 0.18 (with the updated pyside2).

/usr/lib64/freecad/Mod/PartDesign/WizardShaft/Shaft.py:91: SyntaxWarning: "is not" with a literal. Did you mean "!="?
  if self.segments[i].constraintType is not "Fixed":
Changing it to "!=" as it says gets rid of it.
I noticed that in other py files as well. Some of them can be found using pylint, as I did here: https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/pull/3325

find . -name *.py -exec pylint --disable=all --enable=R0123 --score=no {} ;
It is interesting that this one did not pop up for me... maybe this check is not always working? (maybe because an array element is compared - I guess pylint can not guess the type of the members...)
mlampert

Postby mlampert » Sat May 23, 2020 11:40 pm

kkremitzki wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 8:19 pm
The page that details migration status is here: https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/pyside2

So it should be in 5 days.

Thanks are due to looo too since I just noticed his post about the patches being used in the conda builds.
Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!

Today the changes showed up in Debian Testing. :D