How do I disable a feature in a FreeCAD build?

Having trouble installing or compiling FreeCAD? Get help here.
hrhassan

How do I disable a feature in a FreeCAD build?

Postby hrhassan » Wed May 27, 2020 3:36 pm

I would like to disable certain features in FreeCAD in a build such as Macro Recording and commands from the command bar (for example, I want to get rid of the entire help section in the command bar.). Where should I consult within CMake and Visual Studio to make this possible and would there be an option to just grey out the features?

I have tried deleting the "CommandView.cpp" and "CommandMacro.cpp" before building, however, they still remain in the build.

Thank you for your time.
Russ4262

Re: How do I disable a feature in a FreeCAD build?

Postby Russ4262 » Wed May 27, 2020 4:59 pm

Mr. Hassan,
Good morning, Sir. The level of modification to which you refer will likely require a reasonable amount of modification to the source code. Such modifications as disabling the `Help` and `Macro` menu options from the Gui are not available as simple flags within CMake configuration. These options are more a part of the core interface for FreeCAD, not stand-alone modules like the workbenches.

The user @vocx here in the forums can likely point you in the correct direction, or to another user who can provide detailed requirements for such modifications as you suggest.

Thanks,
Russell
hrhassan

Re: How do I disable a feature in a FreeCAD build?

Postby hrhassan » Thu May 28, 2020 10:23 pm

Thank you for your reply Mr. Russ. Is it possible to modify the FreeCAD Gui from QT?