How to uninstall Freecad pre 19 from windows 7 64 bit?

Having trouble installing or compiling FreeCAD? Get help here.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
flyboy2160

How to uninstall Freecad pre 19 from windows 7 64 bit?

Post by flyboy2160 »

It doesn't show up on Windows installed programs. I don't see an unistall.exe in the bin. Do I just brute force delete the folders and try to fix registry errors? Thanks.
vocx
Veteran

Re: How to uninstall Freecad pre 19 from windows 7 64 bit?

Post by vocx »

flyboy2160 wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:53 pm It doesn't show up on Windows installed programs. I don't see an unistall.exe in the bin. Do I just brute force delete the folders and try to fix registry errors? Thanks.
If you downloaded the .7z package, then yes. This is not installed, you extract it, and run it from the same folder. Nothing is installed, therefore, there is nothing to uninstall.
Always add the important information to your posts if you need help. Also see Tutorials and Video tutorials.
To support the documentation effort, and code development, your donation is appreciated: liberapay.com/FreeCAD.
GeneFC
Veteran

Re: How to uninstall Freecad pre 19 from windows 7 64 bit?

Post by GeneFC »

flyboy2160 wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:53 pm Do I just brute force delete the folders and try to fix registry errors?
Did you read the response to your other inquiry? No need to repost or cross-post.

There is absolutely nothing added to the registry for the pre-release versions. Nothing to "fix".

Even the older stable versions add almost nothing to the registry. FreeCAD does not use the registry to store your preferences or modeling details.

The only other thing that all versions add is a folder in Users/--userid--/AppData/Roaming/FreeCAD. Just delete the entire FreeCAD folder.

Gene