Wiki Directions for Mac Compile via Homebrew Not working

Having trouble installing or compiling FreeCAD? Get help here.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Kunda1
Veteran

Re: Wiki Directions for Mac Compile via Homebrew Not working

Post by Kunda1 »

kkremitzki wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:58 pm I recently picked up a used Mac Mini to try to fix things up on that platform, specifically Homebrew, since that is perhaps the de facto FOSS distribution method, and hopefully after that getting it signed so people don't have to bypass an error message on installation, and possibly even into the app store.
Thank you!
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
vejmarie

Post by vejmarie »

Just made a massive update to the homebrew formula. You shall be able to compile on Catalina with XCode 11.x without too many issues. I am currently building the bottles bt try to figuring out where to post them
peterl94
Veteran

Post by peterl94 »

vejmarie, I imagine if you reach out to @bblacey he could add you to the freecad bintray account if you want to host them the same way as the previous bottles (brew test-bot was used to upload them to bintray. I think I still have a script for that laying around somewhere). Or maybe you could add them to a github release in your own repo. Either way, I found maintaining homebrew bottles to be a big pain since it seemed they had to be rebuilt somewhat frequently to keep up with new versions of core formulas. I lost interest after looo created conda packages.

It's been so long, I've forgotten the reason why we have our own pyside formula. I'm guessing the reason is because the one in core does not install the needed shiboken stuff?