unable to add-on macros

Having trouble installing or compiling FreeCAD? Get help here.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
papaworx

unable to add-on macros

Post by papaworx »

:?: I am a newbie FreeCad user. Version 18 (appimage) is installed on my Linux Mint 64bit desktop, and is running. I am trying to work myself through some simple scenarios. I ran into problem in parametric modelling. Trying to load "Macro EasyAlias" with the Add-On Manager - it just spins on loading macros. It seems to be searching for the Freecad wiki, but can't find it.
What should I do?
chrisb
Veteran

Re: unable to add-on macros

Post by chrisb »

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Try FreeCAD 0.19.
0.18 will most probably not be fixed.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
papaworx

Post by papaworx »

Thanks, that did it. Being unfamiliar with FreeCad, I thought it to be safer to stay with the 'stable' version. Obviously wrong.
papaworx

Post by papaworx »

Well, kind-off worked, but not really.

Got the following error message:
[ File "/home/ralph/.FreeCAD/Macro/EasyAlias.FCMacro", line 137, in <module>
FreeCAD.Console.PrintError("Error. Unable to set alias: "+getCellContent(s,ci).replace(' ','_')+" for spreadsheet: "+str(s)+" cell "+cellIndexToAddress(getCellIndexNextColumn(ci))+"\n")
File "/home/ralph/.FreeCAD/Macro/EasyAlias.FCMacro", line 112, in getCellContent
return sheet.get(address)
<class 'ValueError'>: Invalid address or property.
/quote]
The parameter name is actually 'Planter.SidePanel.Tenon.vOffset', but I realize that the macro is supposed to replace a space by an underline. So I offered that form to the macro, but it still balked.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Can you install other macros? Then you should contact the author of the macro, it may need upgraded to current Python.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.