Numerals Problem in English

Having trouble installing or compiling FreeCAD? Get help here.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
metricthread

Numerals Problem in English

Post by metricthread »

Hello Having used Cambam and Fusion I have decided to go with Freecad but after downloading I find that the English selection for language the numerals are in what looks like Thai or Chinese ....Being that I am English but live in Thailand is there more I can do to change this cos I do not use the Thai language so at the moment I am unable to use this great software
chrisb
Veteran

Re: Numerals Problem in English

Post by chrisb »

If you open the preferences you can set on the first page the language to English.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
metricthread

Post by metricthread »

Hi
I have already done that seems everything else is OK but any measurements are in in what seems like Thai numerals even when I changed to select English the box below which gives the option of size of recent file list is in Thai and any measurement like when I use constraints they are in Thai
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

This post seems to have solved a similar issue: Please reprot back if it works, I would then add it to the Known OS specific issues.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
metricthread

Post by metricthread »

Thanks for the help and I downloaded JAVA but still got the problem even when I switch language to German it still shows numerals in Thai I have gone back to English but as you can see from the screen shot I still have Thai numerals
Attachments
2021-06-08.png
2021-06-08.png (227.7 KiB) Viewed 2946 times
2021-06-08 (1).png
2021-06-08 (1).png (214.51 KiB) Viewed 2946 times
2021-06-08 (2).png
2021-06-08 (2).png (207.03 KiB) Viewed 2946 times
openBrain
Veteran

Post by openBrain »

For sure FreeCAD uses OS locale (and not FC language) to display numbers.
Eg in my case FC language is set as English but numbers are displayed in French format (French is my OS locale). Not a big deal in my case, but definitely weirder in OP's one.
Syres
Veteran

Post by Syres »

metricthread wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:50 am Thanks for the help and I downloaded JAVA but still got the problem even when I switch language to German it still shows numerals in Thai
The instructions did not state 'Download Java', the instructions are specifically to change the Windows System Locale (Current language for non-Unicode programs), it just happens the best step-by-step instructions I could find at the time were on the Java website. Therefore please post a screenshot of the Windows 10 language settings after rebooting so we know exactly what you have changed.
metricthread

Post by metricthread »

Ok have sorted the problem go into (on win 10) clock and region click on Formats then change to chosen language restart and Bingo !!!!!!
Thanks for the help a great Forum and looking forward to being part of it :D :D :D
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

I added it to the known issues.
openBrain
Veteran

Post by openBrain »

chrisb wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:16 pm I added it to the known issues.
:+1: