Missing FEM module

Having trouble installing or compiling FreeCAD? Get help here.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
jomegatau

Missing FEM module

Post by jomegatau »

The FEM module is missing in the 0.19 release of FreeCAD on both OpenSuSE tumbleweed and the daily builds from real-thunder. I tried looking for the FEM module in the AddOn Manager but it is not available. It appears that this should be a standard module build but it missing. Since compiling FreeCAD is not an easy task, I have not tried compiling my own copy yet. Is this the only way to get the FEM module back? If this topic has already been answered then I apologize but I did some searching and found nothing about the missing FEM and found nothing.

Thank you in advance. Jeff
chrisb
Veteran

Re: Missing FEM module

Post by chrisb »

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Try the AppImage. It should bring everything it needs to run FEM. For more info you should attach your full FreeCAD info.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Post by adrianinsaval »

Maybe you disabled the FEM workbench by mistake, look in tools->customize->workbenches
jomegatau

Post by jomegatau »

adrianinsaval wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:21 pm Maybe you disabled the FEM workbench by mistake, look in tools->customize->workbenches
The tools -> customize -> workbenches has no FEM workbench available. I did not disable FEM, all I did was upgrade. The real - thunder app image is also missing FEM. This makes me think its a new release regression, Just tried the linux appImage from FreeCAD and the FEM module is there. Good reason not to use the latest stuff.

Thanks

Jeff
PrzemoF
Veteran

Post by PrzemoF »

Please provide FreeCAD info for the version with "missing" FEM so we can check it. Info how to do it is in the Help part of the forum.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

- Do you see anything in report view after startup?
- Do you see any messages if you start FreeCAD from commandline?

You can try to reset the configuration with the button in the preferences. Another possibility is to delete your config files or to move them in case you want to restore them.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.