Installing FreeCad from Source Error

Having trouble installing or compiling FreeCAD? Get help here.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
glicka

Installing FreeCad from Source Error

Post by glicka »

I've been trying all day to install FreeCAD on a linux ubuntu terminal for Windows. I've installed all the dependencies and CMake finishes without error, but I can't compile it with make. I get the error:

```
/home/glicka/FreeCAD/src/Mod/Part/App/PartFeatures.cpp:28:11: fatal error: BRepAdaptor_HCurve.hxx: No such file or directory 28 | # include <BRepAdaptor_HCurve.hxx> | ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ compilation terminated. make[2]: *** [src/Mod/Part/App/CMakeFiles/Part.dir/build.make:1042: src/Mod/Part/App/CMakeFiles/Part.dir/PartFeatures.cpp.o] Error 1 make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:2667: src/Mod/Part/App/CMakeFiles/Part.dir/all] Error 2 make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
```

I've also tried to install it using conda-forge by:
```
conda install -c conda-forge freecad
```
but it won't work that way either.
kkremitzki
Veteran

Re: Installing FreeCad from Source Error

Post by kkremitzki »

glicka wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:29 pm fatal error: BRepAdaptor_HCurve.hxx: No such file or directory
The error is caused by this file being missing. It is part of the libocct-modeling-data-dev package. Can you check to make sure you have that installed?
Like my FreeCAD work? I'd appreciate any level of support via Patreon, Liberapay, or PayPal! Read more about what I do at my blog.
glicka

Post by glicka »

It is installed. When I run `sudo apt install libocct-modeling-data-dev`

I get
```
Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree Reading state information... Done libocct-modeling-data-dev is already the newest version (7.3.3+dfsg1-1build1). 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
```
wmayer
Founder

Post by wmayer »

The recently released OCCT 7.6 has removed a lot of classes and header files (such as BRepAdaptor_HCurve.hxx). Is it possible that your OCCT version was based on the development branch of 7.6?