Newly compiled FreeCAD.exe unable to start

Having trouble installing or compiling FreeCAD? Get help here.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
johnwang
Veteran

Newly compiled FreeCAD.exe unable to start

Post by johnwang »

Hi,

Using MSVC2019, I have compiled current github src and the FreeCADLibs_12.5.4_x64_VC17.

After configure FREECAD_COPY_DEPEND_DIRS_TO_BUILD and LIBPACK_BIN_TO_BUILD, there are only 36 files under the bin folder. These is a message box saying FreeCAD.exe unable to start correctly.

What's wrong I made? I have no problem to do that with MSVC2017 before.

Thanks for help.

cheers,

John
Last edited by johnwang on Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
hfc series CAE workbenches for FreeCAD (hfcNastran95, hfcMystran, hfcFrame3DD, hfcSU2 and more)
GeneFC
Veteran

Re: FreeCAD.exe unable to start

Post by GeneFC »

The most likely problem is that you did not copy the dependencies as noted in the instructions. After the second pass of "Configure" go back and check the three "copy" boxes and run Configure once more. Only then should you finish by running "Generate".

Gene
johnwang
Veteran

Re: FreeCAD.exe unable to start

Post by johnwang »

GeneFC wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:49 pm The most likely problem is that you did not copy the dependencies as noted in the instructions. After the second pass of "Configure" go back and check the three "copy" boxes and run Configure once more. Only then should you finish by running "Generate".

Gene
I Configured a few times. The ticks are on. Generated one time. Don't remember If I need to Generate with VC17.

Anyway, I copied everything from the bin folder of the lib and seems all working.

Thanks.
hfc series CAE workbenches for FreeCAD (hfcNastran95, hfcMystran, hfcFrame3DD, hfcSU2 and more)