Compile fails on Manjaro due to undefined reference

Having trouble installing or compiling FreeCAD? Get help here.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
denisebryson

Compile fails on Manjaro due to undefined reference

Post by denisebryson »

Hello everybody,
unfortunately I can not compile the current FreeCad Master due to the following issue:
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/libxerces-c.so: undefined reference to `curl_global_cleanup@CURL_OPENSSL_4'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/libxerces-c.so: undefined reference to `curl_easy_getinfo@CURL_OPENSSL_4'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/libxerces-c.so: undefined reference to `curl_multi_cleanup@CURL_OPENSSL_4'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/libxerces-c.so: undefined reference to `curl_multi_perform@CURL_OPENSSL_4'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/libxerces-c.so: undefined reference to `curl_global_init@CURL_OPENSSL_4'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/libxerces-c.so: undefined reference to `curl_easy_init@CURL_OPENSSL_4'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/libxerces-c.so: undefined reference to `curl_multi_add_handle@CURL_OPENSSL_4'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/libxerces-c.so: undefined reference to `curl_multi_remove_handle@CURL_OPENSSL_4'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/libxerces-c.so: undefined reference to `curl_multi_info_read@CURL_OPENSSL_4'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/libxerces-c.so: undefined reference to `curl_slist_free_all@CURL_OPENSSL_4'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/libxerces-c.so: undefined reference to `curl_easy_setopt@CURL_OPENSSL_4'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/libxerces-c.so: undefined reference to `curl_multi_fdset@CURL_OPENSSL_4'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/libxerces-c.so: undefined reference to `curl_slist_append@CURL_OPENSSL_4'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/libxerces-c.so: undefined reference to `curl_easy_cleanup@CURL_OPENSSL_4'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/libxerces-c.so: undefined reference to `curl_multi_init@CURL_OPENSSL_4'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/libxerces-c.so: undefined reference to `curl_multi_timeout@CURL_OPENSSL_4'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [src/Main/CMakeFiles/FreeCADMainCmd.dir/build.make:126: bin/FreeCADCmd] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:2476: src/Main/CMakeFiles/FreeCADMainCmd.dir/all] Error 2
make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
[ 56%] Built target FreeCADGui
make: *** [Makefile:136: all] Error 2
I am not so familiar with compiling and could not find any related topics or issues across the net. Do you have an idea what might be the problem?
My system information is:

Operating System: Manjaro Linux
KDE Plasma Version: 5.23.3
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.88.0
Qt Version: 5.15.2
Kernel Version: 5.10.79-1-MANJARO (64-bit)
Graphics Platform: X11
Processors: 4 × Intel® Core™ i5-5300U CPU @ 2.30GHz
Memory: 7,5 GiB of RAM
Graphics Processor: Mesa Intel® HD Graphics 5500
Python 3.7.6

FreeCad
Branch: master
Hash: e4ca3d29719600238171c15959a629813bf5e194
wmayer
Founder

Re: Compile fails on Manjaro due to undefined reference

Post by wmayer »