Expanded Combo window

Having trouble installing or compiling FreeCAD? Get help here.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
rfsx15

Expanded Combo window

Post by rfsx15 »

Windows 11 with 19.4 FreeCad. Was working, now have a Combo Window that extends to the right side of the screen. Unable to find a means to bring it back to a left sided smaller box that does not crowd out the Parts Design screen. Uninstalled and reinstalled without effect (must be some residual data on my computer causing the persistence of the problem). Any suggestions would be appreciated!.
Thanx.
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Re: Expanded Combo window

Post by adrianinsaval »

this is better put on help forum because it's not really related to installation, if a mod sees this please move.

Can you post a screenshot of what is the issue? The combo view is resizable and movable so if you don't like where it is or how much space it takes you can just move it or make it smaller with the mouse.
Besides that your freecad config usually stays saved in %AppData%/FreeCAD and I think uninstalling doesn't clear that so you can try deleting that, window sizes and position I think are saved by qt in the windows registry so that's probably harder to delete. Also combo view size and position can be set by python script so maybe some of the python gurus here can give you a set of commands to put it in a sensible position.