Offscreen rendering failed

Having trouble installing or compiling FreeCAD? Get help here.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
vikas12

Offscreen rendering failed

Post by vikas12 »

I am using FreeCAD 0.10 on Ubuntu 10.10

Python-pivy0.5.0~svn765-2+b1 is installed.

On trying print, it give error:

"Offscreen rendering failed"

On doing selftest, two tests failed. Error for those two test is given below signature.

How I can solve this problem.

--
VM

================

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/unittest.py", line 279, in run
testMethod()
File "/usr/lib/freecad/Mod/Mesh/MeshTestsApp.py", line 117, in testPrimitiveCount
if not sys.modules.has_key("pivy.gui.soqt"): from pivy.gui import soqt
File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/pivy/gui/soqt.py", line 884, in <module>
import pivy.pivy
ImportError: No module named pivy

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/unittest.py", line 279, in run testMethod()
File "/usr/lib/freecad/Mod/Mesh/MeshTestsApp.py", line 92, in testRayPick
if not sys.modules.has_key("pivy.gui.soqt"): from pivy.gui import soqt
File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/pivy/gui/soqt.py", line 884, in <module>
import pivy.pivy
ImportError: No module named pivy

Re: Offscreen rendering failed

Post by guest »

The errors from the self-test are not related to the offscreen rendering failure. There were some internal changes in the pivy stuff which caused that problem. In the developer sources this is already fixed.

For the offscreen rendering failure I have no idea what could happen there. Is it possible to save the content of your 3d view into an Inventor file and attach it here? To save the view content just go to File > Export and select the "Inventor V2.1 (*.iv)" filter.
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

There seem to be an error in your pivy package (the line "import pivy.pivy"). But that error was fixed a long time ago if i recall correctly.
Maybe you can just fix it manually, changing line 884 in /usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/pivy/gui/soqt.py where it says: "import pivy.pivy" it should be only "import pivy"...
hardeeprai

Post by hardeeprai »

guest wrote:The errors from the self-test are not related to the offscreen rendering failure. There were some internal changes in the pivy stuff which caused that problem. In the developer sources this is already fixed.

For the offscreen rendering failure I have no idea what could happen there. Is it possible to save the content of your 3d view into an Inventor file and attach it here? To save the view content just go to File > Export and select the "Inventor V2.1 (*.iv)" filter.
Same problem with me. However all tests work fine for me, but offscreen rendering failed.

I could not export as Inventor. It does not give any error, but it does not produce any file. If I export as Auocad DXF, then it creates file.

--
H.S.Rai
--
H.S.Rai
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

hardeeprai wrote:I could not export as Inventor. It does not give any error, but it does not produce any file.
Indeed, I can confirm that too
wmayer
Founder

Post by wmayer »

Indeed, I can confirm that too
Is there an error message appearing somewhere?
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

Ah, I just tested again, it is not a problem of the exporter. The file gets exported.
The problem is simply this: You must specify "somename.iv" as a filename. If you specify only "somename", without the .iv extension, the file doesn't get exported. That explains why the dxf export worked and iv not, the dxf export script creates the file the same way, with extension or not. I suppose the coin mechanism to save the scenegraph as a file expects a *.iv filename.

Maybe there could be a check on export, that if there is no extension on the filename, an extension gets added?