No module PySide2.QtUiTools

Having trouble installing or compiling FreeCAD? Get help here.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
drmacro
Veteran

No module PySide2.QtUiTools

Post by drmacro »

Trying to figure out if something I did messed things up or if this is legitimate.

I start FC. The first time I select the A2+ workbench it produces this error, but only the first.

Code: Select all

No module named 'PySide2.QtUiTools'
The other day I installed the qt tools to use designer:

pip install pyqt5-tools
Is this what messed up my environment? Or is there an issue with A2+

I checked and all the build deps are still ok (have been for months...)

And, it does build fine.

I'm not sure if this is an A2+ thing or I messed up my environment...feel free to move the the Assembly forum if that makes more sense.
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan: Spock: "...His pattern indicates two-dimensional thinking."
Syres
Veteran

Re: No module PySide2.QtUiTools

Post by Syres »

Try

sudo apt install python3-pyside2.qtuitools
and see if it fixes the error. No idea if the pyqt-tools caused it.
drmacro
Veteran

Post by drmacro »

Syres wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:07 pm Try

sudo apt install python3-pyside2.qtuitools
and see if it fixes the error. No idea if the pyqt-tools caused it.
Thanks, that got it.

So, did the pip install I did overwrite something?
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan: Spock: "...His pattern indicates two-dimensional thinking."
Syres
Veteran

Post by Syres »

Quite possibly, I'm just going through a full install of everything on top of a new SSD with Linux Mint 20.3 and keeping a close eye on very subtle Qt changes but I've no intention of upgrading anything I don't have to.
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Post by adrianinsaval »

if possible prefer installing distro packages over pip, pip seems to be too problematic.
drmacro
Veteran

Post by drmacro »

adrianinsaval wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:41 pm if possible prefer installing distro packages over pip, pip seems to be too problematic.
Sure, but I couldn't find a distro package that included QtDesigner on Debian.
waebbl

Post by waebbl »

I just tried this on my Gentoo box and also got this error. Problem here is, that FreeCAD doesn't depend on the designer module of PySide2. Because no other of my installed packages needs it, PySide2 is built without support of this optional module. A simple reinstall of the pyside2 package with the designer module enabled would probably solve this.

Would it be possible to add something like a dependency check to the AddonManager and the query interface between it and the addons? So an addon exposes the dependencies it needs and the AddonManager only allows installation of an addon if all dependencies are satisfied and displays instructions on how to solve the issue if the dependencies are not satisfied.
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

waebbl wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:34 pm Would it be possible to add something like a dependency check to the AddonManager and the query interface between it and the addons? So an addon exposes the dependencies it needs and the AddonManager only allows installation of an addon if all dependencies are satisfied and displays instructions on how to solve the issue if the dependencies are not satisfied.
Hey @waebbl there is Package_Metadata but if you need more granularity, please open a ticket on https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD-addons/
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
waebbl

Post by waebbl »

Kunda1 wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 2:21 am
waebbl wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:34 pm Would it be possible to add something like a dependency check to the AddonManager and the query interface between it and the addons? So an addon exposes the dependencies it needs and the AddonManager only allows installation of an addon if all dependencies are satisfied and displays instructions on how to solve the issue if the dependencies are not satisfied.
Hey @waebbl there is Package_Metadata but if you need more granularity, please open a ticket on https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD-addons/
Hi @Kunda1, thanks for the hint. At a first glance this looks like what I was asking. Gonna take a deeper look into this.
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

;)
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs