conda-packages for osx

This subforum is specifically to discuss packaging issues on different platforms (windows, mac, linux), and using different packaging systems (conda, etc...)
chrisb
Veteran

Re: conda-packages for osx

Post by chrisb »

looo wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:00 am Seems to be related to qwebengine. In the log-file there is a message printed:
Is there a possibility to switch it off? Better to have a FreeCAD without webengine than having no FreeCAD at all.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
looo
Veteran

Post by looo »

chrisb wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:00 am Is there a possibility to switch it off? Better to have a FreeCAD without webengine than having no FreeCAD at all.
done. Next bundle (16908) doesn't include web and start workbench. The issues I reported previously (zooming, simple parts) are gone with this version and my mac. So this issues are somehow connected with the webengine.

@wmayer
Does it make sense to set Qt::AA_ShareOpenGLContexts before constructing the QApplication (like suggested in the logs previously posted). I see also others having problems with this and solve it by adding QApplication.setAttribute(Qt.AA_ShareOpenGLContexts) [1]
wmayer wrote: ping
ps.: Starting FreeCAD from python shows again the reported issues (testing the build without web/start-workbench).

[1] https://github.com/retext-project/retex ... 5c3a62fc41
wmayer
Founder

Post by wmayer »

Does it make sense to set Qt::AA_ShareOpenGLContexts before constructing the QApplication (like suggested in the logs previously posted).
I don't know if this has any impact on using OpenGL for the 3d viewers. Any idea since which Qt version this warning is reported? According to the Qt docs the attribute is available since Qt5.4 but I have never seen the warning with Qt5.6 or 5.9. The next version I have used is 5.12 and there I get the warning, too.

Btw:
It seems to be caused by PySide2: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/561 ... nitialized
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Looking forward for 16908.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
wmayer
Founder

Post by wmayer »

looo
Veteran

Post by looo »

wmayer wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:15 pm Any idea since which Qt version this warning is reported?
I see this warning on mac with qt5.9.
wmayer
Founder

Post by wmayer »

looo
Veteran

Post by looo »

wmayer wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:45 am git commit 57b3ca6f7
I tried a local build on Linux with this commit, but FreeCAD still crashes after closing the start-page. So I will continue building FreeCAD dependent on qt5.9 without webengine. Maybe it's possible to get a qwebkit package for qt5.9 done. But I am not sure if this is worth the effort.
looo
Veteran

Post by looo »

Any feedback on osx-bundles? Are there still crashes?
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Sorry for being late, I was mostly on the road during the last days.

On opening FreeCAD shows only a very sparse menu, no combo view, only 3D view and report view. Edit shows only "Emoji & Symbols":
Bildschirmfoto 2019-06-11 um 10.56.10.png
Bildschirmfoto 2019-06-11 um 10.56.10.png (16.58 KiB) Viewed 1662 times
I tried with a fresh config directory - it's the same.

I have to select View->Workbench->PartDesign everything is back. I guess this works with other WBs as well.

On next restart FreeCAD starts again with the almost empty screen.