OCC7.4 Released

This subforum is specifically to discuss packaging issues on different platforms (windows, mac, linux), and using different packaging systems (conda, etc...)
Kunda1
Veteran

OCC7.4 Released

Post by Kunda1 »

Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
kkremitzki
Veteran

Re: OCC7.4 Beta tagged

Post by kkremitzki »

I guess now's the time to get started trying to package this.
Like my FreeCAD work? I'd appreciate any level of support via Patreon, Liberapay, or PayPal! Read more about what I do at my blog.
kkremitzki
Veteran

Re: Open CASCADE Technology 7.4.0 tagged

Post by kkremitzki »

7.4.0 has been tagged but no official release has happened yet. I will hopefully have a package uploaded tonight for testing.
Last edited by Kunda1 on Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to more relevant post
Like my FreeCAD work? I'd appreciate any level of support via Patreon, Liberapay, or PayPal! Read more about what I do at my blog.
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

kkremitzki wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:34 pm 7.4.0 has been tagged but no official release has happened yet. I will hopefully have a package uploaded tonight for testing.
Thanks for the heads up and much appreciated for uploading 7.4 for testing.
(FYI, moved your post to a more relevant thread ;) )
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
kkremitzki
Veteran

Post by kkremitzki »

Kunda1 wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:34 pm
kkremitzki wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:34 pm 7.4.0 has been tagged but no official release has happened yet. I will hopefully have a package uploaded tonight for testing.
Thanks for the heads up and much appreciated for uploading 7.4 for testing.
(FYI, moved your post to a more relevant thread ;) )
Thanks, I was looking for this thread but couldn't find it! (searching for opencascade)
uwestoehr
Veteran

Open CASCADE Technology 7.4.0 has been released

Post by uwestoehr »

kkremitzki wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:34 pm 7.4.0 has been tagged but no official release has happened yet.
Today it was eventually released:
https://www.opencascade.com/content/latest-release
and
https://www.opencascade.com/sites/defau ... _7.4.0.pdf
kkremitzki
Veteran

Re: OCC7.4 Released

Post by kkremitzki »

There's a package for 7.4.0 available in my personal PPA for the time being: https://launchpad.net/~kkremitzki/+archive/ubuntu/ppa
apeltauer

Post by apeltauer »

Does Someone tried to compile Fc with the new OCC 7.4? It seems that some header files and using namespace lines are obsolete.
uwestoehr
Veteran

Post by uwestoehr »

apeltauer wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:44 pm Does Someone tried to compile Fc with the new OCC 7.4?
Yes, I did yesterday (on Windows) and only had to make one change to PreCompiled.h in src\Mod\PartDesign\Gui. I'll post it later today.

My problem is now that everything compiles fine, but when starting FC for some Workbenches FC tells me that something cannot be found a the DLL. As soon as I am back to my development PC I will investigate what exactly the problem is.
looo
Veteran

Post by looo »

Kunda1 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:27 pm Note: none of our upstream tickets were fixed but instead bumped to the next release (OCC7.5)
I guess money will help in this case. At least I have seen one issue fixed very fast this way...

Btw.: https://github.com/conda-forge/occt-feedstock/pull/31 But I will wait with updating occt-depending packages (smesh, netgen, freecad) to occt7.4.