LibPack for Windows "Python packages"

This subforum is specifically to discuss packaging issues on different platforms (windows, mac, linux), and using different packaging systems (conda, etc...)
chennes
Veteran

Re: LibPack for Windows "Python packages"

Post by chennes »

kisolre wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:10 pm replace files in the already used 12.4.2 folder.
If you are using the FREECAD_COPY_LIBPACK_BIN_TO_BUILD option in CMake don't forget to delete the bin directory in your build directory to get CMake to copy the new libraries into place.
Chris Hennes
Pioneer Library System
GitHub profile, LinkedIn profile, chrishennes.com
kisolre
Veteran

Post by kisolre »

chennes wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:30 pm don't forget to delete the bin directory in your build directory to get CMake to copy the new libraries into place.
Good to know. For this to happen should I run CMake Configure then Generate or will Visual Studio handle this?
chennes
Veteran

Post by chennes »

kisolre wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:36 pm Good to know. For this to happen should I run CMake Configure then Generate or will Visual Studio handle this?
When VS sees the changed LibPack directory it should automatically re-run CMake, but I ran it manually.
Chris Hennes
Pioneer Library System
sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

Has anyone tried the debug numpy?
"fight the good fight"
uwestoehr
Veteran

Post by uwestoehr »

sgrogan wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:26 pm Has anyone tried the debug numpy?
This doesn't work for me using the new LibPack.
chennes
Veteran

Post by chennes »

sgrogan wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:26 pm Has anyone tried the debug numpy?
Tried, but failed, same as @uwestoehr. Though I feel like there was an iteration of this libpack that did work in debug mode, back near the beginning.
Chris Hennes
Pioneer Library System
uwestoehr
Veteran

Post by uwestoehr »

chennes wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:40 pm Though I feel like there was an iteration of this libpack that did work in debug mode, back near the beginning.
Debugging using numpy never worked for me. As stated in https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 40#p455840 one needs Fortran to cpmpile a debug build of numby. I don't think it is worth to invest now time - getting FC 0.19 ready should have the priority.

And I think the new LibPack we have now is stable for a stable release of FC - is used it for a month now without problems. It is also a big improvement because since OCC 7.4 Boolean operations in FC are now much faster. While working on the LibPack we also fixed some compilation glitches making life easier for people interested in compiling.
Therefore I propose to keep this Libpack as it is until FC 0.19 is released as stable, except we find bug in there or its packages. (only if we would suffer from a Qt bug that is fixed in 5.15.2 or the like.)