LibPack for Windows "Python packages"

This subforum is specifically to discuss packaging issues on different platforms (windows, mac, linux), and using different packaging systems (conda, etc...)
uwestoehr
Veteran

Re: LibPack for Windows "Python packages"

Post by uwestoehr »

chennes wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:44 pm The same will be true for the Path module then, it also requires numpy -- is it working for you?
No, with a debug build I get the same error as for the other WBs using numpy.
uwestoehr
Veteran

Post by uwestoehr »

There is however, a bigger issue: I can no longer tessellate parts. I rebuilt FC from scratch to check and the problem persists:
- select a part in the tree
- switch to the Mesh WB
- use there the menu Meshes->Create mesh from shape

result: nothing happens and I get this error:

Code: Select all

16:25:23  Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
  File "D:\FreeCAD-build\bin\Lib\site-packages\shiboken2\files.dir\shibokensupport\__feature__.py", line 142, in _import
    return original_import(name, *args, **kwargs)
<class 'ImportError'>: DLL load failed while importing MeshPart: The specified procedure could not be found.
uwestoehr
Veteran

Post by uwestoehr »

uwestoehr wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:30 pm

16:25:23  Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
  File "D:\FreeCAD-build\bin\Lib\site-packages\shiboken2\files.dir\shibokensupport\__feature__.py", line 142, in _import
    return original_import(name, *args, **kwargs)
<class 'ImportError'>: DLL load failed while importing MeshPart: The specified procedure could not be found.
I removed the standalone python and rebuilt everything from scratch. But the problems persists. At least I got now the info that the "Prozedureinsprungspunkt" into nglib.dll could not be found.
That is strange because the nglib.dll is the same as in the LibPack 12.3.2. (Few weeks ago we agreed to keep the NetGen files in the Libpack untouched until FreeCAD 0.19 was released.)
Even more strange is that I don't get this error message again (thus I cannot make a screenshot), now i only get the meaningless shibokensupport message.

Edit: for the same reason, also the FEM Workbench does not work. @apeltauer, can you compile so that the FEM Workbench works?
wmayer
Founder

Post by wmayer »

I removed the standalone python and rebuilt everything from scratch. But the problems persists. At least I got now the info that the "Prozedureinsprungspunkt" into nglib.dll could not be found.
Do you still talk about the debug build or this it also happen for a release build?
uwestoehr
Veteran

Post by uwestoehr »

wmayer wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:29 pm Do you still talk about the debug build or this it also happen for a release build?
This is for the release build. And now I was able to make a screenshot of the error message:
dwm_exkYukCoom.png
dwm_exkYukCoom.png (29.6 KiB) Viewed 3009 times

Edit: maybe it doesn't work because the NetGen in the Libpack was compiled against OCC 7.4 and the Libpack contains OCC 7.5?
sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

I am getting an assertion failure when running self test from the test framework wb for a debug build, release doesn't have it.
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (14.08 KiB) Viewed 3004 times
I don't have a D: so I think a hard coded path somehow?
uwestoehr wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:52 pm Edit: maybe it doesn't work because the NetGen in the Libpack was compiled against OCC 7.4 and the Libpack contains OCC 7.5?
I wasn't able to build with BUILD_FEM_NETGEN, so I thought this was the case and disabled it.
Last edited by sgrogan on Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"fight the good fight"
sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

chennes wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:44 pm FWIW, I don't think numpy itself requires a Fortran compiler, only scipy.
I think certain modules do https://numpy.org/devdocs/user/building.html

I found this https://discuss.python.org/t/pip-pyproj ... uilds/3766
don't know what happens if it can't find a fortran compiler.
"fight the good fight"
wmayer
Founder

Post by wmayer »

Edit: maybe it doesn't work because the NetGen in the Libpack was compiled against OCC 7.4 and the Libpack contains OCC 7.5?
Yes, this must be the reason.
apeltauer

Post by apeltauer »

sorry, fem is disabled at my build .... :)
I will have a look for the netgen problem.
BTW: the selftest in debug mode never worked for me. Also numpy does not work in debug mode... :(
wmayer
Founder

Post by wmayer »

uwestoehr wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:37 pm I get now only many warnings but in principles there are only 2 issues:

A: redefinition of HAVE_UINT8_T:

60>D:\FreeCAD-build\FreeCADLibs_12.4.2_x64_VC17\include\Inventor/system/inttypes.h(90,1): warning C4005: 'HAVE_INT8_T': macro redefinition
60>D:\FreeCADGit\src\FCConfig.h(134): message : see previous definition of 'HAVE_INT8_T'
60>D:\FreeCADGit\src\FCConfig.h(169): message : see previous definition of 'HAVE_UINT64_T'
They are fixed now with git commit 065f3fafa9159. So, the Coin3d header file doesn't need to be modified any more.
B: redefinition of GL_GLEXT_LEGACY:

60>D:\FreeCAD-build\FreeCADLibs_12.4.2_x64_VC17\include\QtGui/qopengl.h(136,1): warning C4005: 'GL_GLEXT_LEGACY': macro redefinition
60>D:\FreeCADGit\src\Gui\PreCompiled.cpp : message : see previous definition of 'GL_GLEXT_LEGACY'
I have no idea how to avoid this warning. To me it looks like a Qt internal problem.