Third party addons in the stable package

This subforum is specifically to discuss packaging issues on different platforms (windows, mac, linux), and using different packaging systems (conda, etc...)
chrisb
Veteran

Third party addons in the stable package

Post by chrisb »

In the current 0.19 release available on the website there are still Assembly3 and Glider workbench contained in the distribution.
This was already discussed some time ago, while 0.19 was still in development, and it was said that they should be removed, which seems to be urgently necessary: Glider is not really a big deal, it just sends a very cumbersome signal that this workbench is included and others, which are much more often used such as Curves, SheetMetal, Fasterners etc., are not.
More serious is Assembly3: Having it in the official stable distribution means that people can rely on it being kept and maintained in master, it means indeed that it is the assembly way to go. Which I doubt has been decided yet.

So please remove these workbenches from master!
looo wrote: ping
sgrogan wrote: pinged by pinger macro
Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.19.24276 (Git)
Build type: Release
Branch: (HEAD detached at 0.19.1)
Hash: a88db11e0a908f6e38f92bfc5187b13ebe470438
Python version: 3.8.8
Qt version: 5.12.9
Coin version: 4.0.0
OCC version: 7.4.0
Locale: C/Default (C)
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
looo
Veteran

Re: Third party addons in the stable package

Post by looo »

done: https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD-AppI ... 0e696e60cb

But I will keep those libraries in the weekly builds.
chrisb
Veteran

Re: Third party addons in the stable package

Post by chrisb »

looo wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:57 pm But I will keep those libraries in the weekly builds.
Thanks! I think it is ok in the development build.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.