An exploration into the Icon theme

Report observations made with the new Toponaming branch.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
MisterMaker

Re: An exploration into the Icon theme

Post by MisterMaker »

Added undo,redo,cut and paste. They are almost the same as the original but the reason I redo them is to be able to adjust the colors too the theme.
This image below is with original colors.
FTJNg48aMAAhQK4.jpg
FTJNg48aMAAhQK4.jpg (60.94 KiB) Viewed 2440 times
Meetlat

Post by Meetlat »

Consider how much focus you want to give to those icons. Making it red and yellow takes focus away from to modeling tools. Wich in my opinion are more important than the back/forward icons. I whould prefere simpel colored icons for those. I like to colorblind theme you made. Perhaps because I like the wat purple and green makers a black theme look modern. Like Plasticity (check that one out if you haven't, looks Great)

(In Dutch: Als je te veel kleuren gebruikt word het een beetje kermisachtig, alles schreeuwt om aandacht. Dat is ook één van de redenen dat de huidige iconen het programma een drukke 90's look geeft. Wat zie je als je door je oogharen kijkt? Dat moet de essentie zijn. Dan lijkt me niet dat de algemene iconen die amper gebruikt worden moeten opvallen)
Last edited by Meetlat on Thu May 19, 2022 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MisterMaker

Post by MisterMaker »

I agree that it is way too colorful.
But I think the solution is too dim all the colors.
But I'll screw around a bit.
Meetlat

Post by Meetlat »

Perhaps work with a mid Grey color? Like the macro icons. That whould work with white and black themes
Meetlat

Post by Meetlat »

Really nice!
MisterMaker

Post by MisterMaker »

Damn spend way to long on this Toolbar, that was a annoying one lots of different icons that do different things.
I think I missed some icons that are not in the toolbar but only in the menu. But gladly those are easy.
Sketcher icons.png
Sketcher icons.png (189.62 KiB) Viewed 2200 times
I do think mine are more clear.
Only having some doubts of the delete icon making it hard to see what it deletes, so might just go with a cross in the corner.
MisterMaker

Post by MisterMaker »

Also started to do the measure toolbar. But this is still a very early wip. But if anyone has any idea's...
FreeCADLink_HNw78miSSa.png
FreeCADLink_HNw78miSSa.png (11.36 KiB) Viewed 2161 times
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Post by adrianinsaval »

The one for angle is an improvement from the default, a measuring tape is not much related to angle measurements :lol: for the distance measurement a ruler may be simpler and fit better with the new one for angles but I don't see any issues with these either.
Perhaps putting a more traditional angle measurement tool symbology might be more recognizable Image
MisterMaker

Post by MisterMaker »

adrianinsaval wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 1:49 pm The one for angle is an improvement from the default, a measuring tape is not much related to angle measurements :lol: for the distance measurement a ruler may be simpler and fit better with the new one for angles but I don't see any issues with these either.
Perhaps putting a more traditional angle measurement tool symbology might be more recognizable Image
Most I found where more symbolic, and since I though using semi realistic measuring tape I thought I\d go for something like this: https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com ... L1500_.jpg
Adding decimal stripes or how the hell you call them is not really doable because the black outline and the tiny icons would blow it a bit up. (or whiteout outline it would barely be visible.