[Pattern Features enhancing] : circular and linear pattern must support also fillets and chamfers

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
adrianinsaval

Re: [Pattern Features enhancing] : circular and linear pattern must support also fillets and chamfers

Postby adrianinsaval » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:44 pm

Other things to consider are variable radius fillets (it's possible in Part but not in Part Design) and chamfers with different angles or defined by lenghts. Anyway, all this should probably be said in a different topic.
realthunder

Re: [Pattern Features enhancing] : circular and linear pattern must support also fillets and chamfers

Postby realthunder » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:02 am

uwestoehr wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:27 am
I have one: on my personal Todo list I have an issue that I would like to fix but need a starting point where to look in the code:
That's not what I meant by 'concrete'. I was talking in the context of PartDesign new workflow for multi-body. For feature request, of course it should go in separate post.

But anyway, I don't like the PartDesign dressup editing either. Part workbench does a better job, but can still be improved. The relevant PartDesign code is in Mod/PartDesign/Gui/TaskDressUpParameters.cpp. This is a common parent class for all dress up features (fillet, chamfer, draft), and each has their own task panel class derived from TaskDressUpParameters.cpp. The annoying behavior you mentioned is because, TaskDressUpParameter sets a selection filter once the remove button is clicked (onButtonRefRemove()), and TaskFilletParameters monitors selection change and immediately turns off selection mode when any edge is selected (TaskFilletParameters::onSelectionChanged).

I'd suggest a complete refactor of all the dress up task panels.
Try Assembly3 (latest version 0.10.2) along with my custom build of FreeCAD at here.
And if you'd like to show your support, you can donate through patreon, liberapay, or paypal
uwestoehr

Postby uwestoehr » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:00 am

realthunder wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:02 am
But anyway, I don't like the PartDesign dressup editing either. ...
The annoying behavior you mentioned is because, TaskDressUpParameter sets a selection filter once the remove button is clicked (onButtonRefRemove()), and TaskFilletParameters monitors selection change and immediately turns off selection mode when any edge is selected (TaskFilletParameters::onSelectionChanged).
I'd suggest a complete refactor of all the dress up task panels.
Thanks! I had a look at it yesterday but stuck exactly at the selection filter. Unfortunately FC's code is not well documented, this it was not clear to me what selection filter means and what its purpose it.
I will work on it according to your info.
uwestoehr

Postby uwestoehr » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:08 am

uwestoehr wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:00 am
I will work on it according to your info.
I opened a new thread with a PR: https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=43383