Birth of Design456 Workbench

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
mariwan

Re: Birth of Design456 Workbench

Post by mariwan »

Pauvres_honteux wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:46 pm Hi mariwan, this should make your juices flowing!
It really caught my attention.

It seams most things have a nasty habit of boiling down to math exercises ...
Interesting.
But if you read my posts about my WB problems regarding the slowness of OCC .. you understand that FreeCAD needs a powerful, well designed new 3D drawing library. That must use HW in it's best way.
OCC should be the last thing you use in modifying any object. You must be able to redraw everything using the other library and at the end return back the drawing to OCC.
COIN3D is not that one.
Moving hole, or other things that is on the top surface of an object is quite important thing for my WB. But Needs alot of thinking how to implement it.
The best way is always to cheat .. Think simple and try to achieve what you want in a simple way.
I remember when I started, I saw @carlopav in on of the thread trying to push-pull a shapes with an PR. I was impressed that he could do that. I even added his code to my WB.. but honestly I never could use it .. .
But now, I know and have the pull-push mechanism in my WB (last tool and the current tool I am working on) they do that.
One needs some time to understand FreeCAD, OCC, COIN3D. There strong point and weak.
My coin3d widget toolkit is a big step for making my tools .. Believe me many thing I needed /need to figure out by myself.

I have big plan in my mind .. Inshalah, I will step by step try to achieve them. It will just take time ..
Thanks for mentioning that. But FreeCAD at it's current library, will not be able to make any kind of so quick movement in shapes.
Next step after face modification will be face (hole, part of shape) removal and glue faces.