Mentions extension

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Re: Mentions extension

Post by adrianinsaval »

hmm I'm getting frequent logouts but haven't noticed a connection to that, let's try it in this post @user1234

Edit: nope, I'm still in, I think I usually get kicked out when I use the forum on different devices without much time difference. Also, are you using freecad.org or freecadweb.org?
user1234
Veteran

Post by user1234 »

adrianinsaval wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 10:27 pm hmm I'm getting frequent logouts but haven't noticed a connection to that, let's try it in this post
Thanks for testing!

I also now use a mention and did not kicked out. But i get kicked out in this session before. I enter with freecad.org, but it linkes to freecadweb.org. Is this changed? Was not freecad.org changed to the new standard?

Greetings
user1234

edit: typo
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Post by adrianinsaval »

user1234 wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 11:19 pm Was not freecad.org changed to the new standard?
That's the goal but the transition was never finished AFAIK, I stayed in freecadweb because every login in the other website was a PITA
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

adrianinsaval wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 10:27 pm Edit: nope, I'm still in, I think I usually get kicked out when I use the forum on different devices without much time difference.
The stay-logged-in recognition is based on IP. If your provider changes it frequently, you may not be properly recognized. Solution: stay logged in 24/7 and help around the clock :D .
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
M4x
Veteran

Post by M4x »

Now I'm certain that @chrisb is suffering from an often changing IP adress :D
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

I had a couple of network-related issues too these last weeks with the forum, disconnection, posts that timed out, etc. I think there must have been some hiccup somewhere... But it seems back to normal now
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

Feature request: can we give the mentions a slightly transparent background to help differentiate the font from the background itself. Here's an example of how I see mentions after they've been altered via the CSS

See below:
hard to read the red on the back background of the phpbb elegance theme
hard to read the red on the back background of the phpbb elegance theme
Screenshot_20220527_120524.png (40.14 KiB) Viewed 642 times
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Kunda1 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 4:07 pm Feature request: can we give the mentions a slightly transparent background to help differentiate the font from the background itself.
In your screenshot the background is the same as the rest, so it seems already to be transparent.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

chrisb wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 5:50 pm so it seems already to be transparent.
I guess I was asking to add some opacity to the background of the font so it differentiates better. 😅
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

Maybe another color, simply?
The thing is, I'm hesitating to modify the plugin, because then it'll become complicated to update... Better to do this with theming I guess, once we decide to rewrite a good FreeCAD theme ;)