Assembly and drawing module

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
jmaustpc
Veteran

Re: Assembly and drawing module

Post by jmaustpc »

Mike Feature wrote:+3
Adding the new snapping and
- snapping to end
- to middle
to Sketch WB
Snapping at all, does not make any sense in Sketcher WB, it uses auto and manually inserted constraints, the matching constraints for those two actions already exist...coincidence and symmetry.
Mike Feature wrote:+4
-new diameter measure
I don't understand what you are talking about, but if you are talking about Draft Dimensions ...then it already exists for both diameter and radius.
Mike Feature

Re: Assembly and drawing module

Post by Mike Feature »

jmaustpc
Adding simple snapping to sketcher I think is useful but, even being right in that, I have to say to you that I am sorry.

After stepping though http://www.freecadweb.org/wiki/index.ph ... sion_types

I easily found
--> Diameter dimensions: by picking a curved edge with ALT pressed.

I never, in any tutorial and I have carefully covered a heap of them, seen any diameter measuring through Draft Dimension. Several with Hamish Drawing D but no one with Draft D. So i took for granted that Draft D could ONLY measure lines.

Same thing for the nearest distance

About the suggested vid at the bottom of the manual page, it is good for pre-printing page design/layout but as a demostration of the module ... useless.

There are plenty of tuts for measures but using Hamish Drawing Dimensioning ... which I cannot load in my 0.17 and anyway I rather standard modules ... more even when this separate modules could be integrated in the standard modules or the standard edition.

I would really appreciate if anyone could help me with a short tutorial or give me a hint about how to use some combinations of snapping and key strokes for measuring using the standar module Draft or at least
- measure the shortest dist between a line and a circle/arc (in a single measuring operation)
- measure radius/diameter.
I am sure that info would be useful for more people.
Thank you in advance and I will thank after too.

I have playing with measuring and found out that you cannot use negative values for Text Spacing nor it has parallel / perpendicular toogle or a way that measuring line is split leaving room for text (that's text in the middle of the line)

I think I should open a topic int he general help forum, and I will do if I do not get help in one or twoo days
I would like too to suggest this vid to be linked in the manual page for Draft Dimension
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7cG-LQK8Ps

jmaustpc, thank you again.