Some may have noticed my evil plan for how to mentor jnxd in his GSoC. For those who didn't, it's here:
https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 20#p168754
In point 1, I mentioned this feature.
And I think it's a good time to discuss it a bit, regardless if jnxd's proposal is accepted or not.
The idea: for operations that do fusions/cuts, it is possible to find edges where shapes being fused/cut intersect, and add fillets or chamfers there.
This can take a number of forms: as a parameter in PartDesign operations, as a parameter in Part Booleans, or as an independent feature that can be applied to a fresh fusion.
* fillets are added to the places where they are usually wanted, quickly and conveniently.
* likewise, the fillets can be easily adjusted or removed altogether
* these fillets don't suffer lack need toponaming, they are inherently robust.
* deliberate violation of fillets-go-last principle, they may cause problems later on the way.
* overloading the incredibly simple UI of Pad/Pocket, and not so simple UI of partdesign revolution/loft/sweep
@jnxd: do you like the idea?
@everyone: Is it useful? UI ideas? Maybe a slightly different approach to achieve the same? better terminology?