Query regarding creating non-planar rebars

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
amrit3701

Query regarding creating non-planar rebars

Post by amrit3701 »

The current rebar system created only planar rebars because it is created by using sketch and sketch is strictly based on 2D. However, for creating non-planar rebars we can create wire (it may be planar or non-planar) and then pass this wire to Arch.makeRebar().

But when I increase an amount of Rebar (which is created by passing wire to Arch.makeRebar()) it will always expanded to <code>Vector(0,0,-1)</code> direction. My question can I define an expanding direction of rebars?

For eg:
rebar_direction.png
rebar_direction.png (177.26 KiB) Viewed 876 times
Amritpal Singh
Github, Like my work, sponsor me!
amrit3701

Re: Query regarding creating non-planar rebars

Post by amrit3701 »

amrit3701 wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:15 am My question can I define an expanding direction of rebars?
@Yorik

I think we need to change an internal data structure of Rebar object. The Arch.makeRebar() function should take a direction of expanding rebar as input while creating it from a wire.

Regards,
Amritpal Singh
Github, Like my work, sponsor me!
yorik
Founder

Re: Query regarding creating non-planar rebars

Post by yorik »

The Rebar object has a "Direction" property that is exactly for that purpose. Notice that if you keep that to (0,0,0), the direction is automatically taken from the Placement. So you can "override" automatic normal direction by setting the Direction property to some value (ex. (1,0,0))