Kudos to FreeCAD team

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
jschrempp

Kudos to FreeCAD team

Post by jschrempp »

Hi,

As a new user I want to pass on my appreciation for the work that has been done. Yes there are quirks and things to get used to, but this is a very powerful system. I am very impressed at the stability of the application (0.16 on OS X). I have made and modified two models now and it's hard to believe how much I've been able to do. I've used commercial CAD systems and I'm now a FreeCAD fan.

A special thanks to the people who've answered my questions in the new user forum. I hope to have enough knowledge to answer other people's questions one day.

Lastly, the Manual is a gem. After watching some tutorial videos and hacking my way through the documentation and interface I read the manual start to finish and it gave me a great overview of what was going on. It filled in a number of missing concepts. A lot of open source projects don't have a manual but a guided walk can be so important.

Thanks to everyone. I look forward to becoming a productive member of the community.

Jim
Mika38

Re: Kudos to FreeCAD team

Post by Mika38 »

Dear jschrempp,

Welcome! Thank you for your compliments. I look forward to see your contributions.

Have a great day
;) Le chemin est long, mais la voie est libre :D The journey is long but the way is free 8-)
regis

Re: Kudos to FreeCAD team

Post by regis »

Hello Jim Schrempp
Welcome to the family where all the freecad passionate and addicted fools, nerds, visionaries, converge. Delighted by your added presence, we look forward to getting to know you and hopefully entertain us with your contributions someday.
much regards
regis