Feature #1756: Show all currently assigned Keyboard Shortcuts with commands as list

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Kunda1
Veteran

Feature #1756: Show all currently assigned Keyboard Shortcuts with commands as list

Post by Kunda1 »

issue #1756: Show all currently assigned Keyboard Shortcuts with commands as list
This ticket is already assigned to @wmayer but nevertheless it would be nice to get some traction on it. If anybody has spare time and motivation.
Description
Having a command (perhaps in the Tools-Section ?) which displays in a two cloumn list command and currently assigned keyboard shortcut. Maybe with possiblity to copy the list to the clipboard for inserting in Calc or Writer and then print it.

Additional Information
trimble Sketchup for example has a small ruby script that reads out this informations and writes the two column list in a HTML-File. This would be acceptable/conveniant too.
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
triplus
Veteran

Re: Feature #1756: Show all currently assigned Keyboard Shortcuts with commands as list

Post by triplus »

When the time will allow and after a few other FreeCAD related projects will be finished ShortCuts module for FreeCAD will likely gain such functionality. It's on the todo list.

P.S. There is already such functionality in ShortCuts module. But it isn't yet extended to take "low-level" FreeCAD shortcuts into account.
Kunda1
Veteran

Re: Feature #1756: Show all currently assigned Keyboard Shortcuts with commands as list

Post by Kunda1 »

triplus wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:52 pm When the time will allow and after a few other FreeCAD related projects will be finished ShortCuts module for FreeCAD will likely gain such functionality. It's on the todo list.

P.S. There is already such functionality in ShortCuts module. But it isn't yet extended to take "low-level" FreeCAD shortcuts into account.
Good to know!
Thanks @triplus I'll notate the ticket
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

russ_hensel

Post by russ_hensel »

This looks nice, but the github repository could use a description of what the purpose of the code is and how ( from a user's perspective ) it works.
This thread seems to contain that info, but I would maintain the info should be with the code on github.
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

russ_hensel wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:18 pm This looks nice, but the github repository could use a description of what the purpose of the code is and how ( from a user's perspective ) it works.
This thread seems to contain that info, but I would maintain the info should be with the code on github.
I agree. I've asked @triplus to do this in the past, and even offered to do so. Unfortunately, the request wasn't granted. And now @triplus hasn't been active on the forum for a while. I've signaled that we may need to fork his repos so we can update them. This may need to happen sooner than later.