v0.18 Thread 6 - Regular Feature Requests

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
HarryGeier
Veteran

Re: v0.18 Thread 6 - Regular Feature Requests

Post by HarryGeier »

which works on BODY but not on FEATURE level..
2018-03-09 09_08_54-FreeCAD.png
2018-03-09 09_08_54-FreeCAD.png (22.07 KiB) Viewed 1181 times
but with switching to PART WB i can manage it on FEATURE level..

2018-03-09 09_08_54-FreeCAD.png
2018-03-09 09_08_54-FreeCAD.png (22.07 KiB) Viewed 1181 times
I hope the german UI makes no understanding difficulties ..
Attachments
2018-03-09 09_11_52-FreeCAD.png
2018-03-09 09_11_52-FreeCAD.png (13.11 KiB) Viewed 1179 times
Kaum macht man´s richtig , gehts´s
My Video Tutorials on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoe3B ... p8Q/videos
My FreeCAD Stuff on Hidrive: https://my.hidrive.com/share/qr3l1yddy6#$/
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

I can understand the need for certain colors of individual faces, but what is the usecase to have certain colors for certain features?
I am afraid that there is something unclear with the notion of a feature: If you pad e.g. a cylinder on the side of a cube the result is not only the cylinder, but the whole object with cube and cylinder.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
HarryGeier
Veteran

Post by HarryGeier »

Well.. that may be my special "Use Case" .. if you want to show someone how a body develops feature by feature it comes handy to have stages of it´s development in different colors...

.. and even on BODY level it would make sense to have the same method of changing object in both PART and PART DESIGN ..
( remembering critics like ... no consistent user experience in the modules... )
My Video Tutorials on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoe3B ... p8Q/videos
Matael

Post by Matael »

HarryGeier wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:03 am Well.. that may be my special "Use Case" .. if you want to show someone how a body develops feature by feature it comes handy to have stages of it´s development in different colors...
I think it's more interesting to rename each feature, and eventually show only the first step, then the second, then the third... I think it will be more visual and simple. Renaming would allow you to know what you did at "pad 2" for exemple.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

HarryGeier wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:03 am Well.. that may be my special "Use Case" .. if you want to show someone how a body develops feature by feature it comes handy to have stages of it´s development in different colors...
Very interesting ... ehm ... feature! Especially when educating modeling it may be useful

And you are probably right, that should be handled inside Part Design. I would even go further: The Part Workbench can handle the body as a single unit, representing the Tip to the outside. Everything dealing with the features inside should be handled in Part Design Workbench.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
herbk
Veteran

Post by herbk »

I have one more feature request:

support for multy core CPUs... ;)
Gruß Herbert
Mark Szlazak

Post by Mark Szlazak »

herbk wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:26 am I have one more feature request:

support for multy core CPUs... ;)
And gpu's
HarryGeier
Veteran

Post by HarryGeier »

I would like to refine my visual property request...as meanwhile..maybe just last 0.17 Version related, occasionally ( not reproducable ) the context menu of a feature BRINGS UP the menu item for changing visual properties. So my new request is.. make that (changing visual properties of a single feature ) work consistently in 0.18 .

Harry
efyx

Post by efyx »

I posted this in this thread: https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 6&start=90

If possible:
- turn on spacemouse steering in techdraw (zooming, panning)
- hole table in techdraw
- multi-shape sketch extrude with selection of areas
- operating from RMB like accept, decline (enter/escape everything/ all operations)
- detail view in techdraw
- sketcher in techdraw
- welding symbols creator techdraw
- intelligent dimensions techdraw
- screen ajust to first dimension - sketcher. This is very usefull thing and seems easy to implement. After sketching shape, when first dimension is added it doesn't matter if it is 10mm or 1000mm the line still the same and fitted in screen. Rest is proportial to first dimension.
- I really don't like that first you need to select edges/point and then choose utility. It makes that one utility isn't turn on until "esc" button. That makes each time, moving mouse very not ergonomic. It could be in plus, when you would have some fast steering under RMB or appearing immediatly after selection (what to do next).
- auto arrangement of dimensions techdraw
- split by sketch - part
- sketch 3d (SIC!)
- dynamic joints to existing parts - sketcher
- select other - when on object cover another RMB -> select other -> and from list (?) higlight which object is wanted to select
- sheet metal WB
Matael

Post by Matael »

efyx wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:16 am
- screen ajust to first dimension - sketcher. This is very usefull thing and seems easy to implement. After sketching shape, when first dimension is added it doesn't matter if it is 10mm or 1000mm the line still the same and fitted in screen. Rest is proportial to first dimension.
I agree that it would be an interesting improvement. Even if it's not too hard to zoom to the right scale, it could make one less manipulation
- I really don't like that first you need to select edges/point and then choose utility. It makes that one utility isn't turn on until "esc" button. That makes each time, moving mouse very not ergonomic.
I think I don't get it. For me, in Sketcher WB, you can select you tool (just tried with perpendicular and length)?

Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.17.13373 (Git)
Build type: Unknown
Branch: master
Hash: 456945881c7c802c163052c0cd20fe7cba446307
Python version: 2.7.12
Qt version: 4.8.7
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 7.1.0
Locale: English/UnitedStates (en_US)