v0.18 Thread 6 - Regular Feature Requests

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
efyx

Re: v0.18 Thread 6 - Regular Feature Requests

Post by efyx »

Matael wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:28 am I think I don't get it. For me, in Sketcher WB, you can select you tool (just tried with perpendicular and length)?
You are right.
Below how selection tool works in SW.
selection_tool.gif
selection_tool.gif (381.43 KiB) Viewed 745 times
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

Rather late, but this could be a possibly quick enhancement to do.

When creating a sketch in PartDesign, the "Select feature" dialog in the Tasks tab expects selection of a plane. You need to either select the plane in the list or in the 3D view, then press the OK button.

I usually select the plane in the 3D view. I'd like to be able to double-click to accept the selection, and avoid moving the mouse to the OK button.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

NormandC wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:43 pm Rather late, but this could be a possibly quick enhancement to do.

When creating a sketch in PartDesign, the "Select feature" dialog in the Tasks tab expects selection of a plane. You need to either select the plane in the list or in the 3D view, then press the OK button.

I usually select the plane in the 3D view. I'd like to be able to double-click to accept the selection, and avoid moving the mouse to the OK button.
Good idea. How about a feature request? I just cleaned the bugtracker and Abdullah has no errors left in Sketcher :) .
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
Jee-Bee
Veteran

Post by Jee-Bee »

chrisb wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:00 pm Good idea. How about a feature request? I just cleaned the bugtracker and Abdullah has no errors left in Sketcher :) .
This is not sketcher specific. This would be a change on all modules for all functions. there is more spoken about this. Also in on of @triplus stuff related topics.
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

Maybe create a separate topic to discuss its scope then? I was under the impression this would be a very localized change, pertaining to only the use case I mentioned. AFAIK this dialog only ever appears in PartDesign, when creating a new sketch.

On the other hand I'm fine with discussing it here, but it'll be more difficult to search for it later.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

NormandC wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:28 pm AFAIK this dialog only ever appears in PartDesign, when creating a new sketch.
It occurs as well on creation of primitives in PartDesign, a use case not too far away from the new-sketch use case.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.