feature request: change size of background squares in sketcher when using large scale

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
freecc

feature request: change size of background squares in sketcher when using large scale

Post by freecc »

I use sketcher a lot and when I create large things ( 4m) the squares in the background stay small and are just annoying instead of helping, so I am requesting that you scale these according to the scale you are working in.
Attachments
freecadfor.png
freecadfor.png (197.43 KiB) Viewed 579 times
herbk
Veteran

Re: feature request: change size of background squares in sketcher when using large scale

Post by herbk »

Hi,

just change here the the grid size...
wand1.jpg
wand1.jpg (137.52 KiB) Viewed 509 times
Gruß Herbert
chrisb
Veteran

Re: feature request: change size of background squares in sketcher when using large scale

Post by chrisb »

freecc wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:34 pm so I am requesting that you scale these according to the scale you are working in.
You are pretty fast with your request. Please consider working through some tutorials (e.g. BPRLFE's youtube videos are highly rated by forum members) and consider further to ask these questions in the help forum.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
freecc

Post by freecc »

herbk wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:37 pm Hi,

just change here the the grid size...

wand1.jpg
thanks!