SF to retire hosted apps (forum, wiki, etc...)

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
jmaustpc
Veteran

Re: SF to retire hosted apps (forum, wiki, etc...)

Post by jmaustpc »

jriegel
Founder

Post by jriegel »

Bugzilla is still alive:

http://www.bugzilla.org/
Stop whining - start coding!
jriegel
Founder

Post by jriegel »

Still trying to get the data out of SF.
No luck so far with the SF hosted apps backup tool. I guess our wiki is to big! :/

For Mantis and phpBB I've got the SQL but no files (pictures and attachments) so far. But Mediawiki
- nothing.

I opened a bug report to SF (site-support:332 Unable to Backup some HostedApps of the FreeCAD project). Seams they working on that problem. It looks like they postboning the shutdown until all problems are fixed!

I tried http://pywikipediabot.sourceforge.net/ but got problems with the login mechanism of SF.
Stop whining - start coding!
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

What we need to keep if possible is the single login between forum/wiki/CMS website (?), has Sourceforge said anything about that?
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

Yes, now the shutdown is marked as "with no date defined, but probably during 2012 Q4". I wouldn't worry too much, they will still need time to make all their migration tools work. For "unified login", their idea is that SF will (it already does) provide users with an OpenID login. The hosted apps will (that's what they are trying to do now) support logging in with that same OpenID, so normally, from a users point of view, it should work like this: you log in on SF, then you can access all of the FreeCAD sites without a new login. Now, we'll see how far that will work...