Visual issue (small bug) Imperial rounding

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
freedman
Veteran

Visual issue (small bug) Imperial rounding

Post by freedman »

Wanted to log this error just in case it fixes something else. I will log it after any feedback.
Freecads basic units are metric, conversions must be made to Imperial. A slight visual issue is noticable during a draw.

How to see this:
In Preferences->Units, Set Units to Imperial, 2 decimal places.
In Part Design; Sketch a box, pad it using the default dimension, confirm the cube.
Sketch another box intersecting the first cube, pad the new box(with default dims) but dont confirm the pad.

Zoom into the intersected area of the 2 cubes, you can see the heights are different. Once the cube is confirmed the height is corrected to match the previous. It appears the variable used for the initial draw is not truncated correctly until the command is confirmed.

Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.17.13452 (Git)
Build type: Release
Branch: master
Hash: 34633c144de9133c1f9aeb7da783f369cae9bfaf
Python version: 2.7.14
Qt version: 4.8.7
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 7.1.0
Locale: English/UnitedStates (en_US)
chrisb
Veteran

Re: Visual issue (small bug) Imperial rounding

Post by chrisb »

freedman wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:43 pm A slight visual issue is noticable during a draw.
This is independent from the unit preferences. If set to mm, 3 places, it is possible to enter a value with 4 or even more places which is shown in the 3D view. The values are rounded on confirmation of the panel.

I don't consider this a bug, and I think it is not worth a feature request.

Version: 0.17.13452 (Git)
You should update to the current stable 13509.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
freedman
Veteran

Re: Visual issue (small bug) Imperial rounding

Post by freedman »

I specified units because I didn't know what people use. I draw parts that are just a few thou. so 4 units for me.

All I was targeting is the fact that it draws heights correctly in MM but does it a little different( looking) in Imperial because when the rounding takes place.

I personally don't have an issue, I see stuff so I post, this is my way of helping.