There is a usability issue in FreeCAD that allows me to unfortunately delete an object from a non-active document.
This is how you can reproduce it:
- Have two documents
- Activate doc1 and select an object, let's call it object1
- Activate doc2 by clicking on its tab and select an object in the 3D view, let's call it object2
- Notice (the problem actually arises if you don't notice!) that object1 is still selected
- Delete either by pressing Delete on the keyboard or right-clicking on object2
- Ouch! object1 is also deleted.
If you have a tree which is larger that the space in the dialog, which happens easily, you easily miss to notice that object1 is still selected. If you select object2 in the tree directly, then object1 gets deselected. The problem arises only by selecting object2 in the 3D view.
In think a warning when deleting an object from an inactive document would be the bare minimum.
Do you see/want any other solutions?