Why can't we search for a quoted string (exact phrase) in this forum?

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
GrantRobertson

Why can't we search for a quoted string (exact phrase) in this forum?

Post by GrantRobertson »

This is my first post, so I know it will have to be approved. I originally came here to post about a bug in the "Draft Upgrade" feature. However, when I tried to search for that feature, to ensure that there weren't already multiple posts about it, I found that this forum does not allow me to search for a specific string of text. So, when I search for "Draft Upgrade" I get all 841 posts with the words "draft" and "upgrade" in them, regardless of if they are together.

I have used many phpBB forums, and they all allow searching by a specific string of text. This is often called searching by the "exact phrase." This leads me to conclude that the maintainers of this forum specifically turned off this search feature. With all the reminders to search for pre-existing posts, why in the world would this search feature be turned off?

In the end, I had to resort to using Google's site: function to search for the posts specifically related to bug I was observing.